SanDisk has just released the 01.01.20 firmware revision for the Sansa Clip. Download links and the release notes are available below.
Let me start off by saying that majority of people will be able to update his/her firmware through the Sansa Firmware Updater. There is even a how-to video that explains the process. If for any reason the aforementioned steps do not work for you, then please feel free to continue by trying the more “computer savy” steps, described below.
Windows Users can Connect the device in any Mode and follow the instructions below.
Mac and Linux users can connect their Clip in MSC mode and follow the instructions below.
MSC mode instructions:
- Turn on the Clip
- Put the device in Hold (move Hold button until orange is showing)
- Press and hold the Center Button
- Plug the mini-USB connector into the device (be sure the USB is plugged into the computer)
- Wait for the Clip drive to mount
- Follow instructions below and drag files to the Clip drive
For AMERICAS - You can download the .zip file by clicking on this link.
For EUROPE w/o FM - You can download the .zip file by clicking on this link.
For EUROPE w/ FM - You can download the .zip file by clicking on this link.
- Extract the .zip file into a folder on your computer.
- Once extracted, drag the file to the root directory of your Sansa Clip.
- Disconnect the Sansa Clip and let it restart.
- The firmware update will now begin.
- Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will boot back up. Once its back to the main menu, head to “Settings” > “System Info”, and verify the “Version” is now 01.01.20A.
Release notes for Sansa Clip Version 1.01.20
- Fixed device hang at refresh database with certain ID tag Genres
- Corrected FM Scan step to 200Khz for Americas Players
- Fixed Device Hang at refresh database after WAV files are renamed and put in FM Folder.
- Delete invalid MP3 files showing up after transfer from MAC Computers.
- Put a check next to the selected USB Mode in Settings>USB Mode
- Ability to add a song to the “To Go List” works by pressing and holding the " Center Button" in Navigation mode. Users can add individual tracks to the “To Go List”, on the fly, when navigating at the Song level. In Albums, Artists, Genres, Playlists, Top Rated, etc. Additional press and hold will remove existing songs from the “To Go List”. Selecting the “To Go List” itself, users can delete a song using press and hold method.
- Volume range is extended 10 steps (-15 db) at the lowest setting to allow quieter playback of MP3 and FM radio.
- FM Autoscan Algorithm is enhanced to collect valid stations more accurately.
- Battery level indication with finer granularity on the LCD.
Message Edited by MrSmileyFace on 03-06-2008 10:01 AM