Sansa Clip doean't work after crash

Hi guys!

My Sansa clip 2 gb player fell from about 30 cm (12") and now it’s working only while connected with computer. 

Do you have any ideas how to repear it?

Thanks!

@agnieszka wrote:

Hi guys!

My Sansa clip 2 gb player fell from about 30 cm (12") and now it’s working only while connected with computer. 

Do you have any ideas how to repear it?

Thanks!

Try  disconnecting from the computer , and holding the on switch all the way up for 15 seconds (All the way in the on position),  then release it.   Then try turning it on.

When you try to turn it on, does it display anything?

When connected to the computer does it display SanDisk and then connected? As if its charging the battery.

unfortunately, it doesn’t work. i’ve tried and nothing. when it is connected to the computer the screen firstly shows the Sansa sign, then - “connected”. What is strange it displays as if it is charging the batterry in a very fast way. when I’m disconnecting it, everything dissapear, and it doesn’t react.

It sounds like battery wire has probably torn loose. That seems to be a common problem with the Clip. I hope the rev2 Clip is not as vulnerable to this problem as the Rev1 clip. If your clip is set to connect in MTP mode, then on your pc you could check tharge on the battery. This might help you confilm that it is the battery wire that has detached. If you have your receipt from when you bought it and it is less than a year old, you could RMA it back to Sandisk to get it fixed under the warranty. Otherwise you could open it yourself and solder the wire back on. Depending on where you are, it might cost $30 or more to get an electronics store to fix it. In that case, either it makes sense to fix itself, or to buy a new player.

Thanks a lot for you pieces of advice. Fortunately I have it still on guarantee, so I’m forced to send it to Sansa to get it fixed.