Sansa clip broken

Hello, 
I just recently bought the clip and it has been working fine for the past three days.  Then this morning it wouldn’t play a song. So I recharged it, by putting the usb plug into it.  After it was done charging I took it off the clip and turned the clip back on. And there was no music on it.  Everything got erased.  

So I loaded it back on the computer and the filesize of the folder was 1.6gb full but there was no music in it.  So i added another song to it from there.  And only that song came up on the clip, but the other gig of music is still missing and still reads as actually being there.

Any ideas?

I’m using a MAC OSX

firmware version = V02.01.13A

Lay your Clip on a table in from of you. Cover it with a hankercheif. Now waving your hand over it in a counter-clockwise circular motion, say the following words, “Eenie-meenie, chili-beanie, the spirits are about to speak!”

Oh, no wait . . . that only works when trying to pull a rabbit (or a squirrel) out of your hat! :stuck_out_tongue:

OK, then try re-setting it. Slide the spring-loaded power switch up and hold it for 15 - 20 seconds. Release & then slide it up momentarily once to turn it on. All your music should now have magically re-appeared. :wink:

That didn’t work.  

ok so I updated the firmware, and still the same problem.