Sansa Clip + 4 Gig freezes constantly, please help.

The device is new, and while it was working prefectly the first week or so, then it began to freeze completely while a song was playing, and I would need to reset the device (Hold the power button for about 20 seconds, if I am lucky) only to turn it on and watch it happen again 5 minutes later.

Now it freezes constantly, like every time I move trough the options (Music, Settings or Folders) at a normal speed or just while a song is playing while the device is in my pocket untouched.

I deleted some music to see if it was lack of space, but I had no luck, and I don’t know what to do, I could format the device to see if something changes, but I don’t think it will make much of a difference.

BTW, I only transfer music directly to the “MUSIC” folder, not by Raphsody, so I don’t know if that has anything to do with the issue.

Returning the device is complicated for me since I live in Costa Rica, so I don’t think it is an option.

Thanks in advance. 

Really? Nobody?

I don’t know if it will help, but you might try reapplying the latest firmware–perhaps it became corrupted.  You could also try a reformat under the Clip’s settings. 

You might also check the files on it for corruption using ChkDsk or Error-Checking and verify the ID3 tags are in order (Format: ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1, empty Comments field & no strange, foreign characters anywhere).