Sansa 4gb V2 unexpected shutoff

So the other day I was mowing the lawn listening to some good tunes when my Sansa shut off on it’s own. The screen flashed several times to show what was playing, however the track time and such were all frozen (Play triangle indicated that the song was supposed to be playing however). So I tried a soft reset and heard the click in my headphones. Instead of restarting however, the player just stayed black. Another soft reset, I thought. Wrong. The player clicked into the headphones again to signify the reset had occurred but the screen remains black. So i took it apart as I’ve had 20 different mp3 players which all broke I decided i’m undoubtedly fixing this little **bleep** before I spend over a total of two grand on mp3 players. 

After I opened it up I discovered how difficult attaching the Zif and Ribbon cable for the scroll can be so I left it off and put the player on to charge, this is where it gets interesting. The computer doesn’t read the device any longer or charge it, not to mention it freezes my PC until I unplug it, so I unplugged it. Today (2 days since it broke, and still unplugged/disassembled) I decided why not try and turn it on, and guess what… IT WORKED! for five minutes while I attempted to reattach the ribbon cable. Then it just shut off and it does all the same aforementioned problematic things.

Any extra input on this would be greatly appreciated!

-Josh 

P.S. I looked around the thread and didn’t see any similar issues, so i’m truly sorry if I missed a mirror-image topic.

Also I uses a Vista Home operating system if this helps.

So I just plugged it in, it turned on, I got a free up 90mb message then a charging sign, then off again. I’m so lost.

Make the people at SanDisk Tech Support earn their pay.

You wouldn’t want them to get laid off due to lack of call-ins, whould you? :stuck_out_tongue:

You don’t think they’ll have a problem with me already opening the device haha? Either way thanks, Tapeworm!

They cant setup an RMA for you since you have opened the device.

I figured as much.

Crowley188 wrote:
You don’t think they’ll have a problem with me already opening the device haha? Either way thanks, Tapeworm!

I wouldn’t necessarily volunteer that information.

^ I like this guy