Sandisk not playing once download via pc need mp3 software help!!!

Hi guys, can someone help me. I have managed to download music to my Sandisk but music will not play. tech support said I need music in Mp3 form. Does anyone know how to covert cd music to mp3 form. That would be awesome.

Hope

The Sansas will play both .wma or .mp3 format music files. You can use Windows media Player to rip CDs into either format. Go to Tools > Options… and click on the ‘Rip Music’ tab to select format and also bit-rate. 256 kbps is high quality, but some rip as low as 128.

MP3’s are universal and are the most preferred format. If you choose .wma format, just be sure to de-select the ‘Copy protect music’ option or you’ll most likely have DRM (Digital Rights Mess) problems at some point or another. :smiley:

The Sansas will play both .wma or .mp3 format music files. You can use Windows Media Player to rip CDs into either format. Go to Tools > Options… and click on the ‘Rip Music’ tab to select format and also bit-rate. 256 kbps is high quality, but some rip as low as 128.

MP3’s are universal and are the most preferred format. If you choose .wma format, just be sure to de-select the ‘Copy protect music’ option or you’ll most likely have DRM (Digital Rights Mess) problems at some point or another. :smiley:

Thanks so much for replying to my poblem. I will give this a. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks Tapeworm it worked you really are the Guru. Awesome!!!

I have tried doing what you said and cannot get music from my cd’s onto my shaker.  When I press sync, all the music in my library starts to sync.  The particular cd tunes I want, I can’t get to sync.  I am very frustrated with this right now and want to throw my shaker out of the window.  It’s a gift for my mentally impaired daughter–she is so rough on cd’s, we thought this would be the perfect option.  I don’t know what to do now.

My advice was regarding ripping the CD’s to .mp3 format so that they could then be copied to the player. Not being familiar with the Shaker, I’m hesitant to offer any specific suggestions. But once you have the music in .mp3 files, it should just be a matter of selecting the desired songs in the ‘Sync’ list, then pressing the Sync button.

It sounds like you haven’t added anything to the sync list itself, or that you have Windows Media Player set to ‘Automatically Sync’ in which case it will sync and transfer anything and everything it can get it’s grubby little hands on. Try setting it for ‘Manual Sync’ and then selecting exactly what songs on your computer you want to transfer, adding these to the ‘sync’ list.

Again, not being familiar with the Shaker player, I don’t know if you have an MSC mode. If you do, you can bypass Windows Media Player altogether once the music is ripped from the CD’s into the .mp3 format and just find them in your MY MUSIC folder on your computer and drag & drop them to the Shaker in another Windows Explorer pane.

If this doesn’t help, or you can give any more details, post back and we’ll try to help even though this isn’t the Shaker board. :smiley: