Sandisk Extreme 1.0TB capacity issue with MAC and Carbon Copy Cloner

I have two SSD’s that I use with CCC Carbon Copy Cloner Version 6.1 (7303) for backups one is a Samsung T5 USB the other is a SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD v2.
On my second backup with the Sandisk it backed up the MAC (OS Monterey 12.1) data fine then while backing up the Bootcamp data it gave an error that the drive was full capacity reached and verified this in disk utility. I disabled Safety Net reformatted the drive and created a new backup set and the same thing happened. I then used my Samsung T5 and created two successful backups with no capacity issues and just to be safe I am no longer using safety net.
I created on both SSD’s two folders one that I backup the Windows data to and the other folder the MAC data this way the data files are separate from one another.
At this point I will assume the Sandisk drive is defective and will exchange it at COSTCO where I purchased it and then try agin to create my backups.

Hi @Bobakman,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the SD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://kb.sandisk.com/app/ask

I called support and they recommended same take the SSD back which I did and exchanged it. The
replacement is working fine. I did note that the replacement is made in Malaysia and the defective one was made in China perhaps it was just a coincidence or there may be manufacturing issues at the China plant??

Hi @Bobakman,

Please be informed that the made in the country indicates only the manufacturing country name of that unit.

If you’re experiencing capacity issues with a 1.0TB SanDisk Extreme SSD on your Mac while using Carbon Copy Cloner, ensure that the drive is properly formatted for Mac and has sufficient space. Check if there are any compatibility issues with the drive, macOS, or the cloning software. Consider updating software and firmware and consult SanDisk support for specific troubleshooting steps.
EaseUS® Data Recovery Wizard is highly recommended and popular software to recover lost data. This software has an easy-to use interface, powerful recovery abilities, and supports a large number of file formats and storage devices.