Sandisk Extreme Pro 2T unreliable/unusable on Macos Ventura

This is 2nd unit of Sandisk Extreme Pro 2T in a few days, as I initially thought the problem was coming from the first unit. I send back the first unit and ask for a replacement. But same thing. It seems to be a MacOS problem. I’m running macOS Ventura 13.2.1 on a MacBook Pro 2019.

After a few hours or couple of days, the Sandisk Extreme volume becomes unresponsive and all the data in it are lost. The device lost the content, even its name. Remounting the device, formatting it again will only allow repeating the same disaster few hours or couple days later.

Needless to say that this is totally unacceptable nor even thinkable.

Does anyone has experienced this. Sandisk support, any advise?

Hi @daro3850,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the SD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://kb.sandisk.com/app/ask

Hi

thank you for this suggestion. However i didn’t open a support case, since meanwhile I have returned the device (the second unit) for refund. Reading different forums, it seems that this is a compatibility issue due to the fact that the Macbook Pro I have is a 2019 with Thunderbolt 3 ports that supports up to USB 3.1 Gen 2 @ 10Gbps, whereas the Sandisk Extreme Pro is using USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 @ 20 Gbps.

I cannot tell if the issue is from Apple or from Sandisk (i.e not gracefully back falling to USB 3.1 Gen 2), but I don’t see this kind of issue solved in a timely manner, while at the same time, users lose their data like hell with this combination.

Since I cannot leverage the full speed of the Sandisk Extreme Pro anyway, I"ll go for a native 3.1 Gen 2 SSD drive, proven stable.