SanDisk Clip Quit

I was listening to a book on my SanDisk Clip 8G when it suddenly quit.  I cannot get it to restart and when I plug it into my computer it does not show up as a drive.  I have no idea what has happened or how to go about fixing it…anyone have any ideas…

Thanks, ldg

Reset it by holding the power button down 20-30 secs. Release, then press agaiin momentarily to start it up.

Hi ldg, did the simple reset worked for you? Just curious on this.

Yes, it did…I could not find the way to reset this one…my other one has a little hole that you use for reset…thanks for the answer and thanks for checking back…

@ldg wrote:

Yes, it did…I could not find the way to reset this one…my other one has a little hole that you use for reset…thanks for the answer and thanks for checking back…

All Sansa mp3 players reset the same way; by holding the power button down for 20-30 secs. That little hole you’re referring to is the hole for the built-in microphone. Shoving a pin, paper clip or whatever into it will only damage the microphone and prevent you from making voice recordings ever again.

Unless you’re referring to a different brand of player with a reset “hole”, one should never attempt this.

You are correct…my other Sansa does not have a reset hole  either…however, they both have a small hole in the middle of the to, right above the clip, that could be mistaken for a reset hole…I am savvy enough to know not to try to reset using the microphone jack…

I used to have a Creative Zen that did have a reset hole so I had mixed the two up…

But my problem is solved and I know how to do it if it happens again…

Thanks…

THANK YOU!!! I have 2 SanDisks, and the newer one just froze up on me. I remembered the “hold the off/on button to reset” trick, because I have to use it on my older player. On that one I only have to hold it down for a few seconds. I tried it on my newer player (I alternate using them) after it froze up and it didn’t work.

I came back to this forum to look for answers, found this thread, tried holding the button down for 30 seconds, releasing it, hitting it again and VOILA!! It came back on!!

You guys are the greatest!

1 Like