Rhapsody

I have a SansaFuze. I have a message on my MP3player says synchronize to continue your music subscription. I have tried just about everything. I uninstalled Rhapsody after calling them an telling them I didn’t want it and also deleted all songs and books off of my MP3 player. Reformatted my MP3 Player. I don’t know what else to do except throw it in the trash because I can’t get past the 3rd chapter without this message popping up and then I can’t get into anything,  music or the book.

You say you’ve formatted it…have you gone into system settings and selected “Reset Factory Settings?”  Formatting just wipes all content off of it but doesn’t mess with settings.  It’s either that, or I think the problem you have is you’re overlooking something you downloaded from them and you haven’t deleted it yet.  Since you aren’t subscribing to Rhapsody anymore, then you can’t play any of their files anymore and that could trigger it.

Plug in your Fuze in MTP mode.  Double click on Internal Memory to open the root directory.  Open the Services folder, and you’ll find Rhapsody inside.  Delete this data.

As an alternate method, you should be able to simply “Deauthorize” the Fuze if connected, using the Rhapsody 4 client.

The Rhapsody account status icon will disappear from your display.

µsansa

OK I did that. the message is still there

Yes I did that. and deleted it. Actually did that 3 times. Everytime I go back in there Rhapsody is still there.

The folder is write protected, you have to delete the stuff inside it.

I have a similar issue. I got away from Rhapsody but now I can’t delete songs from my Fuze. When I select a song and toggle through to “delete” it gives me a yes/no option. When I select yes the Fuze locks up and the only way to inlock it is to power it off. This is true also with songs I transfered from cd. I would appreciate any help.

@labatt22 wrote:
I have a similar issue. I got away from Rhapsody but now I can’t delete songs from my Fuze. When I select a song and toggle through to “delete” it gives me a yes/no option. When I select yes the Fuze locks up and the only way to inlock it is to power it off. This is true also with songs I transfered from cd. I would appreciate any help.

The one surefire way to delete stuff is when you connect to your computer. Others have had this hang-up problem before…so it’s not just you .

I did not mean to hijack this thread but I want to say “Thank you” Marvin, that did the trick.

@labatt22 wrote:
I did not mean to hijack this thread but I want to say “Thank you” Marvin, that did the trick.

No prob! :wink:

I’m new to the Mp3 scene and also to Rhapsody.  I’m just wondering is what I’m reading mean that if I decide to cancel my subscription to Rhapsody that I won’t be able to listen to the songs I’ve downloaded to my fuze?

Thanks that worked

Since I got rid of Rhapsody I have been looking for a good place to get my music. I was told Limewire was good but it seems only about 50% of what I download is compatable. Would anyone care to recommend a better place(free preferably)

@swifty3565 wrote:
I’m new to the Mp3 scene and also to Rhapsody.  I’m just wondering is what I’m reading mean that if I decide to cancel my subscription to Rhapsody that I won’t be able to listen to the songs I’ve downloaded to my fuze?

That’s about the size of it.  Remember, you’re ‘renting’ that music, and when you stop paying for it, they ‘take it back’.

Think of it like cable, or satellite TV. only it’s unlimited on-demand for your Sansa.  I have multiple daughters that can download to their hearts content, all the latest, without freaking out over a dollar a song.  So, it makes good sense.

The most basic method to unsubscribe is to “deauthorize” the device when connected, otherwise, when the subscription expires later, either format the device, or delete the Rhapsody data under Services > Rhapsody.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: