Reset the Language -- can't read the menu!

Anyone know how to reset the Fuze so that it forgets the language it’s displaying?  When we first turned the Fuze on, it asked us what language we wanted, but our fumble-fingers picked some *&^%$## language we can’t read!  Sooooo, since it isn’t displaying english, we can’t follow the instructions on how to change the language to english – it’s all funky characters.  ?

desrod

Called Tech Support.  Here’s how, in case YOU can’t read your either!

- Hit the Home button.

• Scroll to the Settings Icon (the EQ icon), hit center button

• Scroll all the way to the bottom of the menu.  You can’t read it, but it says “System Settings”.  Hit Center button.

• Scroll down 4 selections, to the 5th menu pick in the list.  This is the Languages menu.  Hit the Center button.

• Scroll all the way UP in the list.  The first entry in this menu listing is English, (And, you should see it say “English” in English.) Hit the Center button.

Voila.  We have our English-speaking Fuze back again.  Wahoo!

desrod

OR if you don’t know how to count, you can just reload the firmware and after it will ask you for the language. :smileyvery-happy:

Hold down on Home while turning player off. So next time you turn it on it will start up in the language menu.

holding home button and turning of the player does not go to language mode. it does however, performs a DB refresh . . . and I think it reinitiates the player from the last turn off point.

here’s what I did:

1. turned on device, shows up in english.

2. changed to chinese language

3. held menu and restarted.

4. device turned on in english with Refresh DB

I tried this again but added a regular start:

3. regular restarted device.

4. held menu and restarted.

5. device turned on in chinese with Refresh DB

Intrigued I tried something else:

3. regular restarted device.

4. changed language to spanish.

5. held menu and restarted.

6. device turned on in chinese with Refresh DB

so what does holding home and turning off your device do? I know it’ll always perform a refresh DB, and it seems to go back to the last restart point. or maybe this is entirely a bug and actually the device is just crashing (hence it can’t save what you did in the current session and restores to the last saved session).

Message Edited by thoma on 05-02-2008 01:49 PM

i think it only works on the latest firmware .09a

holding the home key while turning it off only works with the 09A firmware of the Sansa View not the Fuze

Message Edited by ice_machine on 05-15-2008 04:52 AM

OT:

ooops.  i thought im in the view forums… :stuck_out_tongue: 

How do i reset the language? Do help. I follow the above instructions and no use. HELP…