Replacement clips available somewhere?

Hi,

I’ve been using my clip for the last 3 months or so, and while I’m still very happy with it, the actual clip is starting to show some serious wear. It detaches very easily lately, and there’s a crack running down the middle of the hinge, where the spring presses against it. Are there replacemen clips available? :slight_smile:

It’s covered by warranty–contact SanDisk for a replacement.

I’m surprised there are not more postings about this problem.  I love my clip because I don’t have pockets in my gym clothes and I find the armband type of mp3 player holster to be more restraining.  With the clip, I can just clip it to the top of my shirt and tuck the ear bud wires inside the shirt so they don’t get in the way.  Unfortunately my first clip cracked and broke within a month, so they very kindly sent me a replacement-- which has also begun to crack after a month.  Worse, the spring is poking out and it is irritating to clip in anyplace that is close to my skin.  I would love to buy a bunch of clips and just replace them every month-- how expensive could they be?-- but they don’t seem to be for sale anywhere.  It would be great if they would offer 6 clips in a package for $10 or $12 bucks.  I would pay that gladly!

WeTheSpoon wrote:
I’m surprised there are not more postings about this problem.  I love my clip because I don’t have pockets in my gym clothes and I find the armband type of mp3 player holster to be more restraining.  With the clip, I can just clip it to the top of my shirt and tuck the ear bud wires inside the shirt so they don’t get in the way.  Unfortunately my first clip cracked and broke within a month, so they very kindly sent me a replacement-- which has also begun to crack after a month.  Worse, the spring is poking out and it is irritating to clip in anyplace that is close to my skin.  I would love to buy a bunch of clips and just replace them every month-- how expensive could they be?-- but they don’t seem to be for sale anywhere.  It would be great if they would offer 6 clips in a package for $10 or $12 bucks.  I would pay that gladly!

I wouldn’t mind a black one to match my Clip’s silicone skin.

Brad

I posted this information a while back in case it is of interest to you:

…I have a retractable clip attached to my Clip… It looks like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/RETRACTABLE-REEL-KEY-ID-BADGE-HOLDER-BELT-CLIP-CHAIN_W0QQitemZ200215877660QQihZ010QQcategoryZ3297QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But I removed the actual keyring part. I snapped the plastic loop around the Clip’s clip. I also have the Clip in the little cover you can buy for it. I forget the name that it’s called. The clip goes through a slit on the back and then I have the keyring-clip attached to it. 

I got mine at a employee trade show. Your local hardware store or locksmith should have them, or something like it.  

I use two means of public transit to get to work each day. I find that I have to put my audiobooks on hold numerous times as I board and disembark  each time. Also as the subway enters and exits a tunnel, or if I see someone along the walk to my office that I want to greet. So, rather than having to unclip the Clip to get to the operating buttons, I can just grab the Clip and pull it up to where I can see it clearly and push the hold button. 

Using this retractable clip means that I don’t actually ever use the Clip’s clip to clip.  

I needed a replacement clip for mine and called Support and was told it wasn’t covered under warranty (I told them it broke), physical damage is not covered.  They said they could do a one-time courtesy and ship one out…GREAT!  I asked if/when it happened again where I could get a clip and the response what that they’re not available anywhere.  I said do I just call back here and buy one from Sandisk and they said “no, they’re not available we’re doing this one-time courtesy”.  Now I don’t know if there was a communication problem but if they can send one as a courtesy wouldn’t they be able to sell them, esepcially on their own site??  I guess if this happens again, I’m SOL!

they sell them in 3 packs at the online sansa store for $9.99

http://go.shopsansa.com/content/sansaclipreplace