Re: My Sansa Fuze won't turn on, even when connected to the computer.

Hold down the back Arrow Button for 30 seconds.  I have an 8 GB Sansa Fuze and that’s what worked for me.

Okay, so I tried everything that has been suggested so far and nothing worked.  I was sure it was fully charged because I had it plugged in half the day.  I then thought that maybe if I held down the back arrow button for 30 secs maybe that would work.  It did.  BUT now my player is showing the red/orange/green/blue flower symbol and then flashing over to the charging symbol and then going black.  It keeps doing this over and over again and it’s plugged into an outlet.  I unplugged it from the outlet and it turned off.  Then I connected it to my PC and Hallelujah it showed a charging screen.  I’m not touching it for a while and hopefully it will work later.  Well, so much for that idea now my computer isn’t finding it and the screen is black again.  I will be calling SanDisk…  

Mine is the same but more!! I have had it for a while now but it doesnt turn on! I tried RESETTING it but holding the 30 seconds, tried CHARGING IT for 3 DAYS, tried to plug it in the COMPUTER, also I put it in RICE just to see and still nothing? If someone can PLEASE HELP ME!!!

@adam831

Does Connected/Charging light up when you connect to the computer? If not, the cord may be bad. You can get a generic one at Amazon or from cell-phone companies for about $5.  Look for USB cord or sync cable for the Fuze or for the E200, it’s the same cord. (Not the Fuze + Plus, which has a standard microUSB connector.) 

If it does show charging and you leave it to charge for a long time, then disconnect and it goes dead, then the battery can’t hold  a charge any more. That would make it R.I.P.  A rechargeable battery eventually stops working. 

For an audio (but not video) player that sounds nearly as good as the Fuze, you can replace the Fuze with a Clip+ (not the Clip without the plus, which has no card slot) for $20 refurbished from dealfisher on eBay. I’ve gotten one from them that looks new and works fine. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SanDisk-SDMX18R-Sansa-Clip-4GB-MP3-Player-/281038558060 

@adam831

Does Connected/Charging light up when you connect to the computer? If not, the cord may be bad. You can get a generic one at Amazon or from cell-phone companies for about $5.  Look for USB cord or sync cable for the Fuze or for the E200, it’s the same cord. (Not the Fuze + Plus, which has a standard microUSB connector.) 

If it does show charging and you leave it to charge for a long time, then disconnect and it goes dead, then the battery can’t hold  a charge any more. That would make it R.I.P.  A rechargeable battery eventually stops working.