Radio tuning drift

Hi

I have a brand new 2Gb Clip+ and am having problems with the radio.

When listening to a radio station, the station appears tuned in first and the reception is good. Then after a minute or so, the reception deteriorates as though the station is no longer well tuned in, even though the frequency displayed hasn’t changed.

If I change the frequency forward by 0.05Mhz and back by 0.05Mhz, then the station is back in tune again. And so the cycle repeats.

I have flashed with the latest firmware and it’s still a problem.

I used to have a Clip before this and never had this problem.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Stannnman

Defective, with drifting frequency?  Consider exchanging it at the store where you purchased it, for a new one.  Or contact SanDisk for the same.  In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us.

There was another person here a while back with the same issue. It’s a defective tuner; return it.

Interesting… I received a Clip+ for Christmas this year, and it does the same thing. Pretty annoying.

The box that it came in was thrown away as part of the Christmas cleanup – hope SanDisk can help. I believe I can get a copy of the receipt.

Will contact them, but I’m relieved to read that it’s a known issue.

@cbrillow wrote:

Interesting… I received a Clip+ for Christmas this year, and it does the same thing. Pretty annoying.

The box that it came in was thrown away as part of the Christmas cleanup – hope SanDisk can help. I believe I can get a copy of the receipt.

Will contact them, but I’m relieved to read that it’s a known issue.

As you’re still within 30 days of Christmas, you might get quicker satisfaction from the store/dealer where the player was purchased. Otherwise, SanDisk certainly will honor the 1 year warranty.

Tapeworm wrote:

As you’re still within 30 days of Christmas, you might get quicker satisfaction from the store/dealer where the player was purchased. Otherwise, SanDisk certainly will honor the 1 year warranty.

Thanks for your suggestion. I was reluctant to go that way because I no longer had the packaging for the Clip. However, I contacted Amazon.com and they are replacing it with a new unit – 2-day shipping – and are even paying return postage for the defective unit.

That’s what I call great customer service! :smiley:

I must say, Amazon.com customer service really comes through for me.  eBay, also, once one actually finds a way to get through to them and is on hold for 1/2 an hour …

I’m another one with the same problem. It seems to be a common issue, Sansa customer service refuses to acknowledge it. Their loss!