Question on Playlist folders

Just purchased a new clip.  Folders that I dragged and dropped to the Playlist folder disappear when I disconnect from the computer and turn on the clip.  Each song IS making it onto the clip, because I can find them by scrolling through individual songs.  But when I navigate to Playlists the folders aren’t there.  When I plug back into the computer each folder shows under Playlists.  Help!!!             Thanks 

Sadly, the Clip doesn’t recognize folders. It recognizes ID3 tags…so no matter what folder you put something into, the Clip ignores it, and just see’s the ID3 tag.

Although, if you’re creative and have an ID3 labeler (like MP3tag.com- avaiable for free on the net) you can pretty much do whatever you need to with the UD3 tags to make the Clip do what you want.

You have to put playlists on the Clip, not folders, if you want to find the playlists. It doesn’t care about folders, and ignores them as far as finding music goes.

You can generate playlists using Windows Media Player (or anything equivalent), when syncing in MTP mode.

You can also right click in Windows explorer on the files on the Clip, then select create playlist. You can then open the playlist, and drag and drop files onto it from the Clip to add to it, rename it, change the order, etc.

The playlist format is .pla, which is basically the same as WMP .m3u. All folder references must be relative, which is why just drag and drop transfers of .m3u playlists won’t work.

The clip doesn’t care whether the playlists are in the playlist folder or not.

Same probably with music files, though I haven’t tested it much. I usually put all music files in the music folder.

>>You can also right click in Windows explorer on the files on the Clip, then select create playlist. You can then open the playlist, and drag and drop files onto it from the Clip to add to it, rename it, change the order, etc.<<

Neat! I didn’t know that! I’ve got to try that method. Great way to organize my Jimmy Durante songs! :slight_smile: