Problem with tagged information in audio codecs

Some of my mp3s don’t have information and album art tagged in properly.Therefore the sansa fuze doesn’t display mp3 information.Can someone please suggest me a free software to tag the information into mp3s?

Thanks,

SR

The most popular tagging program around this forum seems to be MP3Tag.  It does what you probably want it to do.

MP3Tag Website

I use it on occasion and works pretty well.  Some on the forum practically bow down to the developer’s feet…I’m not quite in that camp.  I personally use another tagging program, but it isn’t free.

WOW!!!

i checked out mp3 tag!!!

Its super awesome!!!

Thanks a lot fuze owner GB you are a life saver:smileyvery-happy:!!!

But i got one more question!

After i tag all the alum art and the info and drag and drop it into the music folder on the fuze,will the fuze display the info and the album art??? ALBUM ART especially!!!

Thanks a lot!!

SR

@sr_rox wrote:

WOW!!!

i checked out mp3 tag!!!

Its super awesome!!!

Thanks a lot fuze owner GB you are a life saver:smileyvery-happy:!!!

But i got one more question!

After i tag all the alum art and the info and drag and drop it into the music folder on the fuze,will the fuze display the info and the album art??? ALBUM ART especially!!!

Thanks a lot!!

SR

There are two ways for album art to display on the fuze; having the art embedded into the file or to have the art in the format of “folder.jpg” (without quotes) in your specific album directory.

There are those that prefer the embedded approach, and others, like myself, that prefer the folder.jpg method.  The problem, as I see it, with the embedded approach is that most tagging programs search the internet for the album art and they don’t care if it is sized 500x500 or 120x120.  That is important because the fuze is a touch on the fussy side when it comes to album art size and resolution.  If the embedded art is too large or too great of resolution, the fuze will not display it properly.

Also, if viewing your minature album art pictures in the album list view is important to you, you will have to use the folder.jpg method for this feature to work.  The choice in which methodology you choose is completely up to you.  But to answer your question, yes, Mp3Tag has the features needed to include album art in the tagging process.

If you want detailed directions on how to perform any task within Mp3Tag, they have a support forum similar to this one located at their website.  

Message Edited by fuze_owner-GB on 03-02-2009 08:33 AM