Album Covers

How come whenever I put a CD on my Fuze, the album artwork won’t show up?

I think you need to download the album art. I’m not sure how to do that though.

AudioAddict wrote:
I think you need to download the album art. I’m not sure how to do that though.

You do have to download it but not how you might think, you can embed it in the files or you can keep it as a separate file. It really can be done a few different ways depending on how you connect to the computer, and which mode you use to add the music.

How did you add your files to the player? What program did you use to Rip the files? What mode do you use to connect to the computer?

I would suggest you download a program called Mp3Tag. This will allow you to edit the tags on your songs and embed the art in the tracks.

There’s a couple of different ways to get album art to display. One is to download the image from the internet and name it ‘album art.jpg’ or ‘folder.jpg’ (w/o quotes). You place this image in the Album folder alongside the music files.

The other way is to ‘embed’ the image into the ID3 tag of the music file. The downside to this is you have to do it with every song (or file) and while they’re small, collectively they do add up and take up valuable rela estate better saved for more music. You can do with with a free program called MP3TAG.

There are many, many discussions on this subject here on the forum where you can find more info and the nuances of each method. Use the Search box and “album art” (w/o quotes) as the key words. :smiley:

There’s a couple of different ways to get album art to display. One is to download the image from the internet and name it ‘album art.jpg’ or ‘folder.jpg’ (w/o quotes). You place this image in the Album folder alongside the music files.

The other way is to ‘embed’ the image into the ID3 tag of the music file. The downside to this is you have to do it with every song (or file) and while they’re small, collectively they do add up and take up valuable rela estate better saved for more music. You can do with with a free program called MP3TAG.

There are many, many discussions on this subject here on the forum where you can find more info and the nuances of each method. Use the Search box and “album art” (w/o quotes) as the key words. :smiley:

The other way is to ‘embed’ the image into the ID3 tag of the music file. The downside to this is you have to do it with every song (or file) and while they’re small, collectively they do add up and take up valuable real estate better saved for more music. Besides, I think it would be a PITA to do this with every song file on the player (and/or external memory card). You can do with with a free program called MP3TAG.

Tapeworm wrote:

The other way is to ‘embed’ the image into the ID3 tag of the music file. The downside to this is you have to do it with every song (or file) and while they’re small, collectively they do add up and take up valuable real estate better saved for more music. Besides, I think it would be a PITA to do this with every song file on the player (and/or external memory card). You can do with with a free program called MP3TAG.

If you connect in MSC mode you can set the directory that mp3tag looks for as your fuze’s music folder, and then edit the tags and when you save each one it will write it to the Fuze.