Album Art not seen

I have just purchased my Sansa Fuze and bought a thing with napster. But when I download whole albums to the Fuze everything things to look good the name of the artish show, the name of the song and the name of the album except no album art showing. I started to read things on the forums and people keep talking about a file inside the album that is downloaded that there is a jpeg in there. There is a file in there with the album but its not a jpeg its a ALB format. Any help?

Easiest solution is to go to a web site that sells the album, they usually have a small image of the cover. Save that as ‘folder.jpg’ in the same folder as the album.

Good site to start at is CD Universe

I will try to see if that works.

I tried just saving a jpeg in there but did not work. I don’t know why just transferring it off of napster doesnt put the image of the album showing.

Try Mp3tag which is a program that will search certain web sites. or Amazon has most art work.

@dstruct1on wrote:

I tried just saving a jpeg in there but did not work. I don’t know why just transferring it off of napster doesnt put the image of the album showing.

There are possibilities that could be stopping this from working:

1. The image is too big, have a look at the properties, make sure it is around 150x150
  2. You saved the file as folder. jpeg not folder. jpg
  3. Napstar is doing something funky to the folder that stops the Fuze from using the frolder.jpg method.

Message Edited by hazza on 02-04-2009 05:19 PM

You don’t have to do anything about folders. You can download Mediamonkey, which allows you to add album art.

After you install it, add your Fuze as your default library and then sort by album, click on all songs on the album and press ctrl+L, which will find you album art online (you don’t have to retitle your songs, just uncheck everything but album art on that pop up window).

@dstruct1on wrote:
I have just purchased my Sansa Fuze and bought a thing with napster. But when I download whole albums to the Fuze everything things to look good the name of the artish show, the name of the song and the name of the album except no album art showing. I started to read things on the forums and people keep talking about a file inside the album that is downloaded that there is a jpeg in there. There is a file in there with the album but its not a jpeg its a ALB format. Any help?

Are these DRM-crippled songs you’re getting from Napster in a ‘subscription’ service? And what is the format of the songs files themselves. When I used to rip in .wma format and also download songs in this format on-line (before I knew better), there was always an ALB file containing the ALBum information including the cover or art image. They never failed to display on my e200 series v1 or v2 models.

Try turning the ‘Dsiplay album art in list’ feature off, and see if this helps in displaying the image on the ‘now playing’ screen. Also you may find others with the same problem on Napster’s forum, if they have one.

Theres a bug in handling Napster album art that is fixed in the next firmware release coming out later this quarter.

Easiest way I have found is go to google, search image, type in name of album or singer, save 300x300 image and name as AlbumArt.jpg under the album on your fuze and it will be there