problem updating firmware, please help!!! tried everything

I have been having a lot of problems and only had it 10 days.  First my player stopped being recognized by my computer when I plugged it into the usb and will only show the sandisk logo for a few seconds, like so many others.  I found this forum and downloaded the firmware update.  But when I follow the instructions on http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=express&thread.id=1143, the firmware program says the device is in mtp mode but needs to be in msc mode. I changed it in the device manager (http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=express&thread.id=1012) and reran the update.  Now when it is updating a message box pops up saying: “Scsi sense code: Device reported an undefined sense code 0xf0, 0x0, 0x9, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x9, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0xc, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0”  When it has finished installing a message box pops up saying " Exception Processing Message c00000 13 Parameters 75b6 75b6bf9c 475b6bf9c 75b6bf9c"  The player still won’t turn on.  Help!!

I got the player to be recognized as a recovered player by being connected to the internet, but now another problem.  when I run the firmware update the  box  still comes up saying “Scsi sense code: Device reported an undefined sense code 0xf0, 0x0, 0x9, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x9, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0xc, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0”. If anyone knows what this means, please tell me. It finishes installing, but when I disconnect it and turn it on, it still shows the sandisk logo and goes back off.  When I look in My computer, the sansa (represented by a picture of a small sansa) shows up under two drives G and F.  When I click on G it says please insert a disk into sansa express.  When I click on F it says " you need to format the disk in F before you use it", If I click format, then it brings up a window to format it as a FAT. If I click format it says  " Windows was unable to complete the format" If anyone has any advice at all please share it. Thank you .   

In both cases, it sounds like the Express wasn’t actually in Recovery Mode.  Pretty simple to work around; just make sure the hold switch is on and hold the Volume Down (-) button while you plug it in.