Please Help!!!!! Sansa clip Question

Is the battery life 15 hours, or is it actually more?  I was at Best Buy and the guy told me that sansa clip can play 64 hrs straight continuous without recharging it.  Is this true?  You see, I want to purchase an mp3 player and was looking into either getting a 2 GB clip or sansa 2GB c250?  Which has the longer battery life?  The reason I ask this is b/c I am going to be using my sansa player EVERYDAY and may use it 16-17 hours straight listening to it, with no access to computer during these 16 hours to recharge it.  I don’t want to end up with player that dies on me after only 3 hours of use.  Thanks :slight_smile:

-Elizabeth

I just tested my 2Gb Clip and got just short of 10hrs. I’ll test my 4Gb Clip too but sure it’ll be about the same. Either way, ain’t NO way you’re gonna get 64hrs out of ANY portable player.

Note that you also can play the Clip from AC power; and also can purchase an auxiliary battery pack (not built for the Clip, but they are out there (e.g. thru Amazon.com), providing power via USB). 

I get about 11 hrs. from my Clip- although some on this forum have reported getting as much as 16 & 17 hrs. of play time on a charge…

64 hrs.??? HAhahaha…that guy must be on some serious drugs!

@miikerman wrote:
Note that you also can play the Clip from AC power; and also can purchase an auxiliary battery pack (not built for the Clip, but they are out there (e.g. thru Amazon.com), providing power via USB). 

Yes, and you can even build your own auxiliary pack:

http://www.ladyada.net/make/mintyboost/

I get about 16 hours and 40 minutes :smileyvery-happy:

@peabody wrote:

Yes, and you can even build your own auxiliary pack:

http://www.ladyada.net/make/mintyboost/

Boy, talk about the Rolls Royce of DYI battery chargers.   ;)   Forums such at Misticriver.net have much simpler DYIs–basically an Altoid’s box with battery holder, and a connector to the player.  I must admit, though:  I purchased an already-done …

most players will list the optimal possible battery life - playing 128kbps constant bitrate mp3 files with minimal use of the screen or changing playlists etc. in practice, battery life will be lower if you play higher-bitrate mp3 files or if you do lots of browsing your menu so the screen stays on for longer. With some players, using the EQ can also decrease battery life (which is apparently the reason why Microsoft didn’t include any equalizer adjustability on the 2nd-generation Zune).

Everyone:

Not to defend Best Buy, I have no financial interest or connection with them BUT:  Do you suppose the clerk meant the Clip would hold 64 Hours of music, ie  enough mp3 in the memory to let you listen to 64 hours of music w/o repeating a tune?  Alternative explanation for their comment. Jim

MEA CULPA:

Obviously I didn’t do the math to test my hypothesis. At 3 min a tune 64 hours is 1280 tunes.  Way beyond the 128kbts capacity of a 1 or 2 GB clip.  Even with a 4 GB clip this is stretching it’s capabilities. Jim

I just got a shade under 17hrs with my 4Gb. 75% of that time was with phones plugged in and volume maxed. So not bad.