Prolonging battery life?

I’m a newbie to MP3 Players. The Clip+ was my first, and I’m quite happy with it.

But about the battery life, my understanding is that it is advertised to go about 15 hours on a single charge(is this accurate?), and that the battery is non-replaceable. So how can I make the battery last as long as possible? Will it shorten the lifespan if I charge it frequently, even when the battery has not yet run out of power? About how many hours could I expect out of the total lifespan?

On another note, I’m wondering about Rhapsody. Is it any good? Can I toss the disc that came with my Clip+ if I’m not interested in installing the Rhapsody software?

Thanks

@aristaeus wrote:

I’m a newbie to MP3 Players. The Clip+ was my first, and I’m quite happy with it.

But about the battery life, my understanding is that it is advertised to go about 15 hours on a single charge(is this accurate?), and that the battery is non-replaceable. So how can I make the battery last as long as possible? Will it shorten the lifespan if I charge it frequently, even when the battery has not yet run out of power? About how many hours could I expect out of the total lifespan?

On another note, I’m wondering about Rhapsody. Is it any good? Can I toss the disc that came with my Clip+ if I’m not interested in installing the Rhapsody software?

Thanks

Charging frequently would be the best idea.  If you don’t plan to use it store it at about 40% (you can wrap it up well and put it in the fridge if you’re really concerned).  Total lifespan - I would say 3 years but it would depend on the way you use it.

15 hours is when used with 128kbps mp3s with the screen off.  12 ish with normal use I would guess.  I haven’t had it run out on me yet.

Rhapsody isn’t required, unless you want to use it to purchase tracks (via subscription).  You can toss it.

summerlove wrote:

Rhapsody isn’t required, unless you want to use it to purchase tracks (via subscription).  You can toss it.

“Toss it?” How incredibly un-green of you! :dizzy_face:

We must think ‘re-cycle’ . . .

It makes a dandy ‘Brewsky’ coaster. Perfect for those frosty steins. :stuck_out_tongue:

Or turn it into one of those very stylish cd clocks?

@tapeworm wrote:

@summerlove wrote:

“Toss it?” How incredibly un-green of you! :dizzy_face:

We must think ‘re-cycle’ . . .

It makes a dandy ‘Brewsky’ coaster. Perfect for those frosty steins. :stuck_out_tongue:

Landfills, look out - here come all my unwanted CDs…

Hello, I am also new to MP3 players. I want to get a Sandisk clip+. These are helpful tips on charging. do you have to buy a separate usb wall charger, or do most people charge via the computer?

calicosandie wrote:
Hello, I am also new to MP3 players. I want to get a Sandisk clip+. These are helpful tips on charging. do you have to buy a separate usb wall charger, or do most people charge via the computer?

It’s all good. A wall charger will typically charge it faster and you can listen to it through the headphones while it’s charging though.

It makes a data connection when it’s plugged into the computer (unless you only insert the USB plug halfway so the data pins don’t connect), so you are able to transfer music to and from the unit at the same time as it’s charging.

An AC-USB wall charger is handy to have if you’re traveling, or for some reason don’t have access to a computer. They’re very reasonably priced, so it’s not a bad idea to pick one up.

calicosandie wrote:

It's all good. A wall charger will typically charge it faster and you can listen to it through the headphones while it's charging.

It makes a data connection when it's plugged into the computer (unless you only insert the USB plug halfway so the data pins don't connect), so you are able to transfer music to and from the unit at the same time as it's charging.

An AC-USB wall charger is handy to have if you're traveling, or for some reason don't have access to a computer. They're very reasonably priced, so it's not a bad idea to pick one up.

I use a wall charger (originally was for an old HTC phone). 

calicosandie wrote:

I like using a wall charger too. You can do it if you’re not home, and it will be faster because your screen doesn’t stay lit up with a wall charger. Also, there’s less chance of accidentally deleting your music if you’re not always connecting it to the computer.(accidents can happen to the best of us):wink:

I’m planning on getting a Clip+ and would like to get a charger too. But on some of the Amazon reviews of chargers there, people said the chargers there fried the Clip+ and to check the SD site for the right ones. I couldn’t find any info there so what charger should I get? How to find the right one? Thanks!

Check this thread…

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=clipplus&thread.id=1357

joanie wrote:
I’m planning on getting a Clip+ and would like to get a charger too. But on some of the Amazon reviews of chargers there, people said the chargers there fried the Clip+ and to check the SD site for the right ones. I couldn’t find any info there so what charger should I get? How to find the right one? Thanks!

Lots of posts here on this.  Try a search on “charger” in the search box, above left.