Please help! I can't control waht goes onto my CLIP+

I have just got my new clip+ and connected it to my computer to charge. I went into Media Player to sync a selection of songs from there to go onto the CLIP+… it was taking ages, and then I realised why - it had transferred ALL my music files and pictures onto the CLIP+ so I have used up almost all the memory. I can’t access the music files on the CLIP+ on my computer (it says the folders on the device are empty) and I don’t know how to delete songs/ files via the computer - there are over 900 on there and I only wanted about 100! Does anyone know how I can delete, or take the device back to factory settings or to control what goes on to the device??? THANKS

PS. I am a bit rubbish with computers!

To quickly erase all the uploaded files, go to Settings > System Settings > Format. Now about not being able to see files. Clip+ has 2 connection modes, MTP & MSC. The files uploaded in one cannot be seen in another. By default Clip+ auto-detects the mode, but it is better to explicitly set one to avoid visibility surprises, such as the one you’re having. Unless you are using digital rights protected files, I suggest to use MSC. Select it by going to Settings > System Settings > USB Mode > MSC. Now you can add / delete files on your Clip+ with your file manager, just like on a common flash drive.

After you re-format it, if you’re still insistent upon using WMP to ‘sync’ your music, you’ll need to change the sync settings in WMP from Auto to Manual.

thank you so much for your advice - I will let you know what happens!!!

Thanks for the help - I am nearly there and getting to grips with this  technology!

There’s a learning curve when using WMP to sync for the first time, but well worth the effort it takes.   It’s happened to many people including myself.  At first, my WMP tried to include the kitchen sink along with everything else, but it ran out of space and couldn’t stuff it into my fuze. :wink:

@mags1230 wrote:

At first, my WMP tried to include the kitchen sink along with everything else, but it ran out of space and couldn’t stuff it into my fuze. :wink:

Gee, i can’t imagine why.