Playlist Count

Is there a limit to the number of songs that can be in any given playlist for the ClipZip or Clip +? I notice the Go List has a 200 song limit…Does the same hold true for playlists I create on my device?

Thanks!

I believe there’s a 1000 track limit on playlists, but I could be remembering incorrectly.

i thought user created playlists are limited to 400 tracks. 

Just for fun, I quickly threw together an m3u playlist of 1099 tracks. The Zip sems to be playing it fine, although without the count reference on the screen (25/1099 for instance), it’s hard to say if all the tracks in the playlist are being seen by it or not.

I suppose I could play it from start to finish and see if any are missing . . . it would only take 75 hours, 44 minutes and 23 seconds. :stuck_out_tongue:

@tapeworm wrote:

Just for fun, I quickly threw together an m3u playlist of 1099 tracks. The Zip sems to be playing it fine, although without the count reference on the screen (25/1099 for instance), it’s hard to say if all the tracks in the playlist are being seen by it or not.

I suppose I could play it from start to finish and see if any are missing . . . it would only take 75 hours, 44 minutes and 23 seconds. :stuck_out_tongue:

Tapeworm!  I’m surprised and shocked that you don’t know this!  All you have to do is press the >> button 1099 times.  :stuck_out_tongue:  :wink:

@mags1230 wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

Tapeworm!  I’m surprised and shocked that you don’t know this!  All you have to do is press the >> button 1099 times.  :stuck_out_tongue:  :wink:

Yeah, I could do that . . . but I might end up like this:

:dizzy_face:

Thank you for checking this out!

I’m unable to get any playlists whatsoever to appear on my ClipZip (m3u format)

No problems whatsoever on my Clip+

What gives?

@bkdotcom wrote:

I’m unable to get any playlists whatsoever to appear on my ClipZip (m3u format)

No problems whatsoever on my Clip+

What gives?

I don’t know. I put them on my Zip the exact same way I do on my Clip+ and have no problems. How are you doing it?

I have discovered it’s because I have my device in MSC mode… and the clip zip doesn’t recognized playlists saved in MSC mode

I have installed the much older 01.01.12 firmware (which doesn’t have this problem) until SanDisk releases a firmware that fixes it.

http://mp3support.sandisk.com/firmware/clipzip/clipzip01.01.12.zip

@bkdotcom wrote:

I have discovered it’s because I have my device in MSC mode… and the clip zip doesn’t recognized playlists saved in MSC mode

I have installed the much older 01.01.12 firmware (which doesn’t have this problem) until SanDisk releases a firmware that fixes it.

http://mp3support.sandisk.com/firmware/clipzip/clipzip01.01.12.zip

Balderdash. I have used nothing but MSC mode with all my players (including the Zip with the latest firmware update) and have no problems creating .m3u playlists that work.