can't find some files on clip zip

Hello everyone. I am having a very perplexing problem with my ClipZip mp3 player. Not all of my mp3’s but some of them disappear once I have downloaded them. In other words, although I can see them when it’s plugged into the computer, I can’t locate them when I want to listen to them. It’s really frustrating! Any ideas? I would really appreciate any help.

How many total files do you have on it? There is a database limitation and it sounds as though you might have hit it. The (quasi) official limit is 8,000 tracks, but in real life most seem to encounter problems like this around 5,000.

Thanks so much, tapeworm. I found them. This of course is because I posted the message on this forum, otherwise I would still be wondering about them LOL. Just like when I can’t find my gloves and buy another pair, the original ones magically turn up!

For the benefit of others who may be experiencing the same issue as you who may come across this thread, and to satisfy our own morbid curiousity, mind telling us what the solution or problem was? :confounded:

@nora777 wrote:

Thanks so much, tapeworm. I found them. This of course is because I posted the message on this forum, otherwise I would still be wondering about them LOL. Just like when I can’t find my gloves and buy another pair, the original ones magically turn up!

So true, so true . . . .  But such a nice surprise when the goodies show up!  (Of course, you then have 4 copies of he same thing . . . .)