Play Clip Sport Through Car Stereo

Does anyone here use their Clip Sport through their car stereo? How do you do it?

I tried plugging it in via USB but it didn’t work. I also know that you cannot change the Sport’s USB type (or can you…?) into the one that most stereos read.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Edit: Maybe I need an AUX cord… I don’t have one at the moment so if someone can confirm before I get it, that would be awesome.

Thanks again.

I’ve always played my Clips in the car by using a patch cord between the player’s headphone jack and the car’s aux. connection.  Always works.    :slight_smile:

I’ve always played my Clips in the car by using a patch cord between the player’s headphone jack and the car’s aux. connection. Always works–and the player itself operates like a remote control.   :slight_smile:

Although I haven’t done this, I’ve read that the Clips are compatible with many car systems when they are set to USB MSC mode under the player’s Settings, but then only the internal memory storage will be played, if I recall correctly.  Others more familiar with this might have other info.   

@miikerman wrote:

Although I haven’t done this, I’ve read that the Clips are compatible with many car systems when they are set to USB MSC mode under the player’s Settings, but then only the internal memory storage will be played, if I recall correctly.  Others more familiar with this might have other info.   

The Sport & Jam are MSC-only models so no need to worry about changing the USB mode. And you are correct that only the intenal memory can be acessed by the auto head unit. :smiley: