PC won't recognise SD card

I’ve just added 8GB SD card to my 2GB Fuze. The Fuze recognises the card (when I look in 'Setting’s / Info). But my PC (Vista) still ‘sees’ the Fuze as 2GB. Shouldn’t the card show up in Windows Explorer? Is this something to do with MTP/MSC mode? Cheerrs, and apologies if this has been covered before.

In MTP mode, you have to click on the Fuze’s icon in Windows Explorer. This will then show internal & external memory.

In MSC mode, your computer will ‘see’ your Fuze as 2 separate drives, each with their own drive letter. The 1st one will be your Fuze; the 2nd will be the card slot, whether you have a card inserted at the time or not. If you don’t, you’ll get an error msg. when trying to access this ‘drive’.

Hope this helps explain it. :smiley:

no it will not show in explorer if you are using the default MTP mode. onle you click on the Fuze in the computer window you should see 2 directories. internal and external memory open the external memory directory and the files you put there will be on the micro SD

Thanks, chaps. Will try that asap. The Fuze definitely recognises the card, so that much at least is promising. Thoroughly impressed with Fuze. Cheers

PS: So, can I just go on merrily synching from an abomination like Windows Media PLayer? Ie, will WMP recognise the 8GB space available on the card?

Should work synching right now using wmp.

Lee

Message Edited by leemann on 06-05-2009 11:17 PM

@dhj201 wrote:
PS: So, can I just go on merrily synching from an abomination like Windows Media PLayer? Ie, will WMP recognise the 8GB space available on the card?

You have to ‘tell’ WMP to ‘sync’ to the card. It won’t just do it automatically when your player’s memory fills up, but yes, you can sync to the card. The player must be in MTP mode though.

Files added in MTP mode are not visible on your computer while connected in MSC mode, and vice-versa. So this can get confusing unless you use one USB mode (MTP or MSC) all of the time.

Haven’t checked which mode I’m in yet, but PC now recognises Fuze and card as separate drives, and will sync to both. Cheers.