On screen images distorted

My sansa fuze seems to have something wrong with its on-screen visuals. I can connect it to my computer to charge it and I can still access all my files. However while charging and while on its own, the images on the screen are warped diagonally so that it is difficult to see what is going on with the screen. I can get to music selections but I can’t even read artist names once there. Does anyone know what I can do to get the on screen visuals to work properly so I can access my music again?

That’s a very unusual problem–haven’t seen it here before.  The basic first step for any weird behavior is be to reload the firmware. Instructions here.

See if that fixes it. 

You can also try formatting it, but honestly it sounds like an internal defective issue that’s going to require replacement. Thankfully, SanDisk offers a 1 year warranty.

I’m having the same problem as the original post. The screen diverges to the left on a tilt. Some items redisplay over the warped display as normal so clearly it’s an issue with the software but I’ve tried reseting to factory settings, reinstalling the firmware, updating the firmware & formating the device. No luck on any front.

Any other ideas?

Are you out of warranty? More than a year old? This really is an unusual problem.

@grypes wrote:

I’m having the same problem as the original post. The screen diverges to the left on a tilt. Some items redisplay over the warped display as normal so clearly it’s an issue with the software but I’ve tried reseting to factory settings, reinstalling the firmware, updating the firmware & formating the device. No luck on any front.

Any other ideas?

I’ll refer you to my previous response. Get it replaced under warranty if possible.

I agree, grypes if you device doesnt have any physicall damaged you can have it replaced by contacting SanDisk Tech support :wink:

i wouldnt listen to him, its a very common thing with the fuze!! let me guess guys, they all came with a 1 yr warranty and then after about 14 months the screen started goin bazirk! mine too, the lil screen they put in looked great, unfortunately there is a reason it was only 60 bux… mine will work fine one day, and the next i cant make out anything on the screen, yet it still plays and can be updated on my computer. advice, dont leave it in your car, heat and cold with affect it greatly, leave it inside when ur done usin it.  is the tech support thing true??? will they just replace it if u call the right person??? please email me with advice or questions. also it could have built up static from the battery, leave it on and let the battery die 100%, then rechage. also its worked for me to just turn it on and off like 5 times…

idhitit86 wrote:
i wouldnt listen to him, its a very common thing with the fuze!! let me guess guys, they all came with a 1 yr warranty and then after about 14 months the screen started goin bazirk! mine too, the lil screen they put in looked great, unfortunately there is a reason it was only 60 bux… mine will work fine one day, and the next i cant make out anything on the screen, yet it still plays and can be updated on my computer. advice, dont leave it in your car, heat and cold with affect it greatly, leave it inside when ur done usin it.  is the tech support thing true??? will they just replace it if u call the right person??? please email me with advice or questions. also it could have built up static from the battery, leave it on and let the battery die 100%, then rechage. also its worked for me to just turn it on and off like 5 times…

Are you for real? And who wouldn’t you listen to?

Me thinks I smell a 

And FYI . . . the word is “berserk”.

Sounds like a connection or control problem from the processor to the screen.  Those thin flat cables can be finicky. 

Other than opening the unit, you can tap it slightly and see if it jitters or changes.  If so, it’s probably the connector.  

Or, try cooling it by putting it in the fridge for twenty minutes and see if there’s a change.  If the processor is sensitive to temperature, then either the solder joints are going bad, or the processor itself is starting to fail.