Ok I would really appreciate some help with the sound on the mp3 player

I got the fuze player today… I like it…but the sound quality just isn’t there…  I have tried the equalizer… the songs sound faint and have some weird noises… Some of these songs… weren’t downloaded on “Legit” websites… That is bad I know… You think that’s why the quality of it isn’t as good… Some songs sound just ok…  Just wonder if there some software to work on the songs then put them on the player and they will sound better or if my sound on it is just bad enough to where I should try and exchange it or something… Really need some help! Thanks in advance.

Like the sound of the singers fade in and out and the bass or whatever it is… just keeps buzzing… not all clear. :frowning:

Allysonc23- wrote:
Like the sound of the singers fade in and out and the bass or whatever it is… just keeps buzzing… not all clear. :frowning:

The headphones into the jack harder. 

That’s what I was thinking as well. The sleeve (bought separately) on the Fuze sometimes interferes with the audio jack, and the first time I plugged it in, I get sound only from one earbud. OH NO ITS BROKE NOW I GOTTA RETURN IT! That lasted for about 5 seconds, until I took off the dunce cap and pushed the jack in all the way.

You say you have some audio files that may be sketchy. Do you have any good ones to test the Fuze with?

Have you tried audio files yet that you know to be good? Like ones you ripped from your own CD’s?

Have you tried tuning in a local FM station yet to hear if that sounds OK?

You could even download a podcast or MP3 file for a radio show you like and try that.

Go to www.stereogum.com or www.pitchforkmedia.com and download a free mp3 that is legitimate.

Make sure your headphones are plugged in all the way. Twist the plug. 

Then do a real sound quality test. 

Try Diffrent headphones, and try a .flac file, if that dosnt help, you can try to update firmware 

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/156/kw/firmware/r_id/101834 

• 1 on the headphone jack diagnosis. We hear the same thing about once a week here.

I found the Fuze sounds flat (compared with my M240) unless I go to the equalizer settings, and use these custom settings for the sliders: 10, 9, 10, 8, 10

Beyond that, check the bitrates for these songs. Anything less than 128 Kbit is going to sound awful (I generally perfer 192-320 Kbit). You can find out the bitrate using file properties within Windows, or using the Fuze itself (you have to go through a couple of menu options to see it, unlike my old M240 which gave it to you at the touch of a button).

@apple2gs wrote:

I found the Fuze sounds flat (compared with my M240) unless I go to the equalizer settings, and use these custom settings for the sliders: 10, 9, 10, 8, 10

Beyond that, check the bitrates for these songs. Anything less than 128 Kbit is going to sound awful (I generally perfer 192-320 Kbit). You can find out the bitrate using file properties within Windows, or using the Fuze itself (you have to go through a couple of menu options to see it, unlike my old M240 which gave it to you at the touch of a button).

With those EQ settings, I would say you must have really bad headphones, or something’s wrong with the Fuze (if not your ears). I use no equalization at all and my Fuze sounds just fine, with files at virtually any bit rate. Obviously higher bit rates sound better. 

The symptoms described in the OP are classic. Push the headphone plug into the jack fully.

or instead of all of the above

use media monkey to adjust the sound of the songs

it also lets u sync ur fuze through it

Songs should sound fine on the Fuze without tweaking.

But yes, Media Monkey is good for syncing in MSC mode. 

And the word “you” has three letters. 

(And the word “you” has three letters.) 

oh sue me, im use to texting:smiley:

Message Edited by jrdnkasparek on 01-05-2010 11:46 AM

Black-Rectangle wrote:

Songs should sound fine on the Fuze without tweaking.

But yes, Media Monkey is good for syncing in MSC mode. 

And the word “you” has three letters. 

Congratulations on joining me in this noble crusade! I’m also particularly galled by seeing “wat” for “what”

A badge for you!:smileyvery-happy:

Wats da problm.  Ppl relax. so wat if some ppl uz texting lingo.  if the msg comes thru…good enuf.:stuck_out_tongue:

Message Edited by TomJensen on 05-03-2010 06:53 PM

I can see txtspk when you’re trying to thumb out a quick message on a cellphone keypad. (Even if most cellphones now have software that guesses words without multiple key presses.) And sure, U cn rd w/o vwlz–bt ts n ffrt.  I always thought that study was funded by an aspirin company trying to increase headaches.  

It’s up to the poster to choose whether to drive away readers who might be helpful, or pay them the courtesy of making the post readable. Txtspkrz aren’t the only ones who don’t want to waste time.  

@black_rectangle wrote:

I can see txtspk when you’re trying to thumb out a quick message on a cellphone keypad. (Even if most cellphones now have software that guesses words without multiple key presses.) And sure, U cn rd w/o vwlz–bt ts n ffrt.  I always thought that study was funded by an aspirin company trying to increase headaches.  

It’s up to the poster to choose whether to drive away readers who might be helpful, or pay them the courtesy of making the post readable. Txtspkrz aren’t the only ones who don’t want to waste time.  

For some people, for right or wrong, it is so much a part of who they are, they would have a very difficult time keyboarding without using text lingo.  I guess everybody has their own hot spots.  It doesn’t bother me a bit if someone chooses to communicate in this manner.  And to be honest, if a little text lingo is going to cause a reader to refrain from helping a poster, they probably wouldn’t be much help anyway.

I have to agree, as long as I can read it I’m not bothered how it’s written.  US English always looks wrong to me anyway, not enough vowels and an obsession with z’s.

summerlove wrote:
I have to agree, as long as I can read it I’m not bothered how it’s written.  US English always looks wrong to me anyway, not enough vowels and an obsession with z’s.

At almost 4:00 in the morning (at least here), these are the z’s you should be seeing: