Not enough memory space error

Hi, I have a 1 gig clip. Its been fine until recently it says theres not enough memory space for music db. please free 30mg. When I connect to the computer it won’t let me do anything with it. It just errors out in explorer.Please help.

Same thing currently going on with my Clip. This morning none of the files would play, although they did continue to show up on the screen. I deleted everything, but I’m still getting the same “not enough memory space for music db. please free 30mg” message. Any ideas?

Here. read the first Post.

I read through many of the FAQs before posting - the device is frozen, so I can’t force it into MSC mode, and the check disk shows nothing.

@sj41 wrote:
I read through many of the FAQs before posting - the device is frozen, so I can’t force it into MSC mode, and the check disk shows nothing.

Actually you posted while I was posting. Slide the power switch up and hold it for 15-20 Secongs and see if it shakes loose.

That didn’t work, but I was able to clear the device through the Propertied tab, which I was unable to do before. It says empty now, so I’m going to try to load some files and see if it’s fixed.

The device is locked solid. I can get to properties but it won’t let me do anything with it. It shows 0 free space and 0 used space. Even holding the button for 20 secs doesn’t help.

Hello, I have a 2 gig clip and the same thing is happening to mine do you know how to solve this problem?

Can you reformat it using your computer?