No Picture Sync with Clip+ and Vista

I’m doing my first sync with Windows Media Player 11 and Vista Business - all my pictures sync’d and are now on the Clip+, that’s 2+Gig of data that does not need to be on the player.  How can i delete that without also having Vista Sync also take the pictures off my computers?  Thanks!

If it were me, I’d start over. You have to change the setting in WMP from Automatic Sync (on by default) to Manual Sync. Thene it only syncs what you want it to.

If it were me, I wouldn’t mess around with WMP or syncing at all. Something similar happened to me when I was a Sansa n00bie (even before this forum) and I’ve been a happy user of MSC mode and drag & drop ever since. I’ll let WMP play CD’s and such, but I’ll never let it anywhere near my players or the songs on it again.

But if you insist, you might consider formatting it (the player) and starting over. You have to change the setting in WMP from Automatic Sync (on by default) to Manual Sync. Then it only syncs what you want it to.

If it were me, I wouldn’t mess around with WMP or syncing at all. Something similar happened to me when I was a Sansa n00bie (even before this forum) and I’ve been a happy user of MSC mode and drag & drop ever since. I’ll let WMP play CD’s and such, but I’ll never let it anywhere near my players or the songs on it again.

But if you insist, you might consider formatting it (the player) and starting over. You have to change the setting in WMP from Automatic Sync (on by default) to Manual Sync. Then it only syncs what you want it to.

By the way, is this a trick question? . . . How are you viewing photos on a Clip+'s screen?

Thanks, and no this is not a trick question - i was looking at the Sanza Clip+ file directory using windows explorer and saw that many of my photo directories were replicated on the clip.  I certainly can’t see them on the clip screen, but explorer says they are there and when i delete some of them i get more free space, so i think they actually were sync’d by windows.  I’ll try the manual setup, but so far WMP is kicking my b… on that front.  Thanks again

In Windows Media Player, turn off image synchronization for the Clip+.  This is found under Set Up Sync.  Deselect “all music” and “all photos”.

WiMP / Vista may think that the new Clip+ is a Fuze, as the platform is very similar.

Using Rhapsody, the option to sync photos appears for the Clip+ as well.

Displaying photos would require using the OLED in greyscale, as is done for the SlotRadio player.  It looks cool, but isn’t practical on this wee machine.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

You can’t get pictures on yours, Bob?  I can even watch movies on mine; just watched The Sixth Sense.  But the pitch, oddly, was off. 

Of course, I also see dead people … 

@miikerman wrote:

You can’t get pictures on yours, Bob?  I can even watch movies on mine; just watched The Sixth Sense.  But the pitch, oddly, was off. 

Let me guess . . . it was 5.89? :stuck_out_tongue: