Newbie with problems.

hello everyone. i have just got my sansa fuze today and i am already having problems. i have searched the web, but found no soultions to my specific problems, as of yet. so i am hoping that someone on here can help.

ok… firstly, i can’t seem to find any album art on my fuze. i used windows media player 11 and windows vista, i think, to rip all my cds onto and to transfer or ‘sync’ all the music onto my fuze. wmp finds the album art automatically, but there’s none whatsoever on the fuze. how do i get it?

secondly, i have rated most of my music (out of five stars) on media player, and once again, the songs are not rated at all on the fuze itself. how do i solve this problem?

and finally, just out of curiosity, what are the various modes the fuze can be in?.. i.e MPT and eerrr… what’s the other one??? what do they actually mean? i have read on various threads that this can sometimes make a difference to whether or not album art can be transferred to the fuze etc…

i really don’t have a clue about most of this stuff. i would be grateful if someone can help me please. many thanks.

@rythmking24 wrote:

hello everyone. i have just got my sansa fuze today and i am already having problems. i have searched the web, but found no soultions to my specific problems, as of yet. so i am hoping that someone on here can help.

ok… firstly, i can’t seem to find any album art on my fuze. i used windows media player 11 and windows vista, i think, to rip all my cds onto and to transfer or ‘sync’ all the music onto my fuze. wmp finds the album art automatically, but there’s none whatsoever on the fuze. how do i get it?

You can add it as a separate file to your album folder. Save the image as a plain old .jpg and name it ‘album art.jpg’ or ‘folder.jpg’ (w/o quotes). There is a lot of discussion on this subject here. I’d suggest  doing a Search.

secondly, i have rated most of my music (out of five stars) on media player, and once again, the songs are not rated at all on the fuze itself. how do i solve this problem?

Ratings don’t transfer. If you use a rating system, you’ll have to go through each song and ‘rate’ it on the player.

and finally, just out of curiosity, what are the various modes the fuze can be in?.. i.e MPT and eerrr… what’s the other one??? what do they actually mean? i have read on various threads that this can sometimes make a difference to whether or not album art can be transferred to the fuze etc…

MTP vs. MSC mode

i really don’t have a clue about most of this stuff. i would be grateful if someone can help me please. many thanks.

thanks for your reply. however, it turns out that i just had to switch the fuze to MTP mode, then i formatted the player, and it transferred all the album artwork automatically and the song ratings when i syncd all the albums again! i think i had switched it to MSC mode to download the firmware update. but anyway… problem solved. cheers.

Cool.  Note how these things all function magically in MTP mode.  As long as the MTP system is up and running, with WiMP 10 / 11, it’s pretty simple, as these things “just work”.

In MSC mode, you have control, but this includes those wee details like art and ratings, that may need patching up manually.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@neutron_bob wrote:

WiMP 10 / 11, it’s pretty simple, as these things “just work”.

In MSC mode, you have control, but this includes those wee details like art and ratings, that may need patching up manually.

When ever I see MS Windows/WMP/Microsoft and the phrase “just work” I always have the feeling they left out the “only”.

Thank god we have MSC mode, I am smarter than the computer and as clever as the programmers are they have no idea what I want to do. I hate MS Office with a passion, you have to work really hard to get it to do what you WANT it to do, instead of what it THINKS you should do.