Unable to use in MSC Mode

Downloaded the new firmware, but I am unable to use in MSC mode. When I try to drag and drop I get disk write or cannot find file source errors. I can sync in Media player but I hate that, I would much rather drag and drop. I can drag and drop in MTP but the album art doesn’t show up, with sync it does. My older e200 player works like a charm in MSC mode, album art and all.  Also, the fuze isn’t showing in my safely remove hardware screen like all my other sansa players. Thoughts?

You can set the fuze into MSC mode by going into system settings >usb mode and selecting MSC. =D

P.S.  MSC mode is the only time you’ll see the Safely remove thing

I put it in MSC mode, it does show as safely remove hardware. However, I still can’t copy any of my music folders into it in that mode, I get disk failure errors, it hangs up trying to copy the desktop.ini and db files (the hidden album art files). I can’t copy anything in msc mode, if I drag and drop in mtp mode, the album art doesn’t show up at all, if I sync in media player - it does. But I hate using media player. My old c250 works like a charm in msc mode, album art and all, I’m starting to hate this thing.

Problem:   Disk Failure errors.

Possible Issue:   Corrupted filesystem. 

Resosultion:   Reformat.

_ Alternate Possible Issue _:  Corrupted storage hardware.

Resolution :  RMA/Exchange at place of purchase.

Problem:   Non-showing Album Art

Possible Issue:   Known.  

Resolution:   Alternate media management software.  Known workaround. 

I tried reformatting and it is unable to complete, so I should probably return it.

As far as the album art being a “known issue”, I just don’t get it. I refuse to use WMP just to get my album art to show up, if I wanted to do something like that I would’ve bought an Ipod. The whole reason I got the Fuze was for drag/drop. My whole thing is, if it works no problem on my other sansa player why does it not on the fuze? To me, this is unacceptable.

The Fuze can play music after a quick drag-n-drop in MSC mode, even if the album art isn’t displayed. An iPod (Apple Co.) can’t (won’t) do that.

Message Edited by ROMzombie on 05-12-2008 05:14 PM

As long as the album art is in the album’s folder as folder.jpg , it will show up on the player. It will also show up in the Pictures section unless you make it hidden.

You can use  mp3tag to get the album art (it imports it from Amazon.com), among other methods. I have my own little script, but its not really designed for general use.

yet again…I ask, why does drag and drop work fine with sansa 2gb c250 but not the fuze? I’m not doing all these little “tricks” just to get album art to show up. If it works on one sansa player, it should on this one.

@rvalip wrote:
yet again…I ask, why does drag and drop work fine with sansa 2gb c250 but not the fuze? I’m not doing all these little “tricks” just to get album art to show up. If it works on one sansa player, it should on this one.

It sounds like you have either a defective player or something wrong with your computer’s USB port. 

Defective player…possibly. My USB ports are fine. Apparently album art is a problem for this player after doing some googling. I am not renaming files and copying pictures, that is too time consuming. I just don’t understand how the c250 recognizes embedded album art just fine when doing a drag and drop yet the fuze doesn’t. Why would they change something that worked fine to force you to use WMP? I might as well get an ipod and use itunes if I’m going to have to use WMP.