Two questions

I have two questions regarding my Sansa Fuze.

First being about an external memory device. I’m using Media Monkey to manage my music and when I connect my Sansa it only recognizes the internal memory, not the external. I don’t know what to do about this.

Second, I upgraded to the latest firmware and tried syncing my music again. I created 2 playlists, one taking up almost all of the internal memory and another for the external. I was able to put my first playlist onto the internal memory fine but I dont’ have any album artwork. The way my music is organized is; Music>Artist>Album>Song.

Along with the songs is an image saved. That image being the album artwork. 

I don’t know how to get it to appear and I’m not to computer savy when it comes to this type of thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys. :slight_smile:

All I can help with is your first Question so I apologize for that up front.

With Media Monkey I had the same issue. What I had to do was to set the Fuze’s USB Mode to MSC. It recognized it as one device, and the external as another. Make sure you have the Fuze option expanded (Click the little cross in the box next to it.). And that you have “My Computer” expanded as well. 

Well that worked. But now instead of having a little black icon for my sansa. I have a bunch of folder icons in addition to it. It says Sansa Fuse under (D:) and a removable disk under (G:) I’m guessing the external memory is (G:) So now all I have to do is send my music from my playlist into there right?

Or do I have to make a specific folder or something? Right now I have the following;  Removable disk>MUSIC

The MUSIC folder containing, “AUDIOBOOKS, Music, Pictures, Playlists, Podcasts, and WMPinfo”

Thanks for your help so far.

@the_wolf wrote:

I have two questions regarding my Sansa Fuze.

I was able to put my first playlist onto the internal memory fine but I dont’ have any album artwork. The way my music is organized is; Music>Artist>Album>Song.

I don’t know how to get it to appear and I’m not to computer savy when it comes to this type of thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys. :slight_smile:

What is the format, name, size. etc. of the album artwork?

For best results, use an image approx. 200 x 200 pixels (no larger than 300 x 300), 10-20 kb, in (regular) .jpg format and name the file ‘album art. jpg’ or ‘folder.jpg’. These settings should work for you.

@the_wolf wrote:

I was able to put my first playlist onto the internal memory fine but I dont’ have any album artwork. The way my music is organized is; Music>Artist>Album>Song.

I don’t know how to get it to appear and I’m not to computer savy when it comes to this type of thing.

What is the format, name, size. etc. of the album artwork?

For best results, use an image approx. 200 x 200 pixels (no larger than 300 x 300), 10-20 kb, in (regular) .jpg format and name the file ‘album art. jpg’ or ‘folder.jpg’. These settings should work for you.

@the_wolf wrote:

Well that worked. But now instead of having a little black icon for my sansa. I have a bunch of folder icons in addition to it. It says Sansa Fuse under (D:) and a removable disk under (G:) I’m guessing the external memory is (G:) So now all I have to do is send my music from my playlist into there right?

Or do I have to make a specific folder or something? Right now I have the following;  Removable disk>MUSIC

The MUSIC folder containing, “AUDIOBOOKS, Music, Pictures, Playlists, Podcasts, and WMPinfo”

Thanks for your help so far.

Put your files in the Music Folder… The path would look like this  Removable Disk> Music> Music

So I have to go through every album and copy the image, rename it and if necassary find one in a lower resoultion?

Is there any way I can do this quickly? Like get all the images together and just dump it in? Or would they not automatically assign to their appopriate artist?

They all have the same name (album art.jpg), but they’re all in different folders (Album) within different Artist folders. So there’s no way to do it ‘en masse’. They wouldn’t know where to go.

I do this as part of my regimen whenever I add a new album to my player.

1. Rip CD
  2. Find & add album art
  3. Check tags & edit if necessary in MP3Tag
  4. Adjust db level n MP3Gain
  5. Copy to player

It’s not a big deal when you do it this way. But if you’ve got your whole collection to do, it may take some time.

@the_wolf wrote:

So I have to go through every album and copy the image, rename it and if necassary find one in a lower resoultion?

I can help with the “find a lower resolution” problem.  I use Easy Thumbnails to reduce an existing image to a 200x200 image for the Fuze.  It does a great job of resizing images.

@guyscharf wrote:

@the_wolf wrote:

I can help with the “find a lower resolution” problem.  I use Easy Thumbnails to reduce an existing image to a 200x200 image for the Fuze.  It does a great job of resizing images.

Thanks for the tip.  Up until you directed me to the easy thumbnails program, I was using my full featured photo editor to reduce/re-size my album art.  That was kind of like using a Bazooka to swat a house fly!  Easy Thumbnails is quick and simple…Now I can spend more time enjoying my music instead of playing with the album art.