Newbie Connect problem

I purchased one of the white box Connects, did the restore and the Wi-Fi works perfectly. Transferring songs using Media Monkey to the Inernal memory works fine. When I try to transfer to the expansion card (4GB microSDHC) it’s a problem. Only 1 out of 4 Albums transferred show up properly in the Album and Artist sections in the Library. The other tracks show up in the songs section, and the memory used shows up in the microSD info. I can’t really find any reason they aren’t working. I have edited them in Tag & Rename, they are both ID3v1 and ID3v2. I have treated the songs in the internal memory the same and they work fine.

I’ve searched and I can’t find anything about this  Any input would be greatly appreciated!

I’d suggest reformatting the card and transferring the songs onto the card using the other mode … if you used MTP before, try MSC, or vice-versa.  Then see if the problem is still happening.

If you’re sure you have the ID3 tags correct, check the album tags for strange characters that the firmware may be unable to handle.  Also, it’s possible that if this is the problem, the firmware would’ve placed the albums under something like “Unknown”.

How do you put a Connect in MSC mode? I thought it was MTP only.

I reformatted the card and internal memory, and went so far as to do a recovery, and it still happens. What I finally did is try putting all my music on the card first, if it doesn’t work, I delete it from the card and put it in the internal memory. The Connect then identifies it properly. Same MP3s, the Connect identifies them in internal memory but does not identify them in the card. I don’t get it. 

@drpepper wrote:

How do you put a Connect in MSC mode? I thought it was MTP only.

I reformatted the card and internal memory, and went so far as to do a recovery, and it still happens. What I finally did is try putting all my music on the card first, if it doesn’t work, I delete it from the card and put it in the internal memory. The Connect then identifies it properly. Same MP3s, the Connect identifies them in internal memory but does not identify them in the card. I don’t get it. 

I didn’t word my last post clearly.  The Connect can’t be put into MSC mode, but it will read songs from a card that has been synced via MSC.  This would be with the card in a USB adapter, not while in the Connect.

I don’t have an explanation as to why the Connect would have a problem with the tags on the card, but not in internal memory.

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 05-25-2009 08:48 PM