New Fuze- Having problems....

Hello,

I did do a search, but I’m not even sure how to describe this problem.

I installed quite a few WMA files on my new fuze, but they won’t play correctly. I get a ‘skipping’ when I try, only about a split second of each second of song is playing.

I’ve double checked the files to see if they’re corrupt, and they’re not. They play fine from the computer or another MP3 player.

Any ideas? Am I supposed to run everything through the Sansa Media converter to install on the Fuze? I just used the windows drag and drop method…

Any help would be appreciated.

Push your headphones in HARDER… The fuze has a very tight jack at first so you really gotta push.

@signamigo wrote:

Hello,

I did do a search, but I’m not even sure how to describe this problem.

I installed quite a few WMA files on my new fuze, but they won’t play correctly. I get a ‘skipping’ when I try, only about a split second of each second of song is playing.

I’ve double checked the files to see if they’re corrupt, and they’re not. They play fine from the computer or another MP3 player.

Any ideas? Am I supposed to run everything through the Sansa Media converter to install on the Fuze? I just used the windows drag and drop method…

Any help would be appreciated.

No need for the SMC. That’s only needed for videos and some photos. And drag & drop is perfectly fine. But there are 3 different WMA formats; and it can get confusing as they all use the .wma extension. The only one that can be read by Sansa players is the regular 'ol vanilla, white-bread, run-of-the-mill .wma format. There are also WMA Pro and WMA Lossless which are not supported, and therefore will not play on your Fuze, although they will play fine in Windows Media Player on your computer.

I can only guess that maybe your files are one of these 2 un-supported types. Did you rip them from CD’s yourself? If so, check your rip settings in WMP.