New firmware makes files disappear

I just received a new Clip and loaded some music files, no problem.

Now I installed the latest firmware update.V02.01.35A.

Music files still play ok and are shown on the Clip’s display.

But I cannot find them via the USB anymore.

When connected, it only shows the “Internal Memory” and subdirectories, “Music” is empty.

None of the music files is there now.

How do I load new music?

Frits

You probably loaded your files in MSC mode, and the firmware update switched the mode back to MTP. Files loaded in one mode are invisible to your PC when connected in the other mode. Switch to MSC (Settings>USB Mode) and check again for your files.

Thanks for the fast reaction  GWK1967.

I had USB on automatic.

Now I tried the 2 other options, but no result.

The clip plays them fine, but the PC does not see anything in any USB mode…

Frits

@fritserik wrote:

Thanks for the fast reaction  GWK1967.

I had USB on automatic.

Now I tried the 2 other options, but no result.

The clip plays them fine, but the PC does not see anything in any USB mode…

Frits

Make sure your Clip is indeed in MSC mode.  I had mine flip back to Auto even though it was switched to MSC.  It did this to me a couple of times but the setting now seems to have stayed in MSC mode as I set it after connections to my PC.

If you don’t mind losing the content on your Clip, I would reformat it under its options, set it to MSC mode (or MTP, if you use DRM’ed music), and then transfer your files back to the Clip under the newly-set MSC mode.  And remember to reset the Clip to MSC mode after a firmware upgrade.  This keeps things nice and clear.

Thanks for all the advice.

I’ll give it a try and reformat.

Frits

After the firmware update, the clip will be reset to Automatic mode and the radio pre-sets are lost. There may have been other things. Immediately after the update, bring up settings and check everything. No other problems on my unit and if this update does anything to the operation of the unit I don’t see it.

I’ve long believed updates on anything are usually not worthwhile unless to fix a problem you are experiencing, however, most times I don’t follow my own advice just to confirm my beliefs.

The pitch fix with the latest Clip firmware upgrade certainly makes it worthwhile.   :slight_smile:

Yes,

Formatting and then putting things as they should helped!!

Funny guys these programmers…

Thanks!

Frits