New Clip Zip stuck on flower logo.

I just got my new Clip Zip a moment ago and already mine got stuck at the logo screen without even getting into the menu screen. It just blinks the logo twice and stays on like that. I’ve followed the reset instruction on the manuals but nothing happened. Man this is frustating. Help me?

Sometimes pressing the power button for the recommended time to reset it is not long enough. I think they only recommend 10 secs. Try it for longer, 20-30 secs. and see if that clears it. Note that the player will turn off long before that (after only a few seconds usually) but continue holding the button down for the full 20-30 sec. count. Release the power button, then press it again momentarily to turn the player back on.

Unfortunately that didn’t work too. Is this a known issue with the Clip Zip? I’m reading a lot of the same problem all over the internet and most of them without no real solution except to have it sent back for an exchange.

Do you have a memory card inserted? If so, try taking it out and booting the player. If it starts up normally, then shut it off and re-insert the card and see if ti will boot with the card in.

No I do not have any memory card in the player. And the player is still stuck at the logo screen

I am having the same problem. From what I’ve found on the net so far, it seems that the Clip Zip is a terrific device- until this happens after using it for about six months or so.

I’ve had mine for alomst 3 years now and have never experienced this.

@scandrew wrote:

I am having the same problem. From what I’ve found on the net so far, it seems that the Clip Zip is a terrific device- until this happens after using it for about six months or so.

If this happens to you at 6 months, contact SanDisk for a warranty repalcement,   :slight_smile:

http://www.sandisk.com/about-sandisk/contact-us/

i’ve managed to get a replacement for that non-functioning clip zip and immediately installed Rockbox to it. I didn’t want to take any chance of not being able to use it again. I’m using it with a 16gb memory card. Working flawless ever since.

I did, but had to wait all weekend, so I spent too much crazy time trying to get it to work. When I called them, they answered right away and offered a replacement.