New Clip+ 8 gb - Asks formatting after connecting to Mac

Hi everyone, 

Since yesterday I have a Sansa Clip+ 8 gb. 

I was (am?) very pleased with it, perfect, simple and easy. 

I have both a desktop pc, Windows 7, and a Macbook, OSX 10.5. 

We added 7 gb of music on the Windows computer and I read about the possibility to just drag and drop in Mac as well. 

However, after browsing my Sansa in the Mac my clip doesn’t function anymore. 

The message is : 'not enough space for music, please free 90 mb. ’

In te Windows pc the Sansa Clip is not properly recognized anymore, it asks for formatting. 

In Mac, when I remove audiofiles, it doesn’t produce free space. 

I cannot use it, not listen to it right. I only get this message. 

I’m afraid that formatting in Windows will remove the required software. 

What should I do?

@annabel wrote:

Hi everyone, 

Since yesterday I have a Sansa Clip+ 8 gb. 

I was (am?) very pleased with it, perfect, simple and easy. 

I have both a desktop pc, Windows 7, and a Macbook, OSX 10.5. 

We added 7 gb of music on the Windows computer and I read about the possibility to just drag and drop in Mac as well. 

However, after browsing my Sansa in the Mac my clip doesn’t function anymore. 

The message is : 'not enough space for music, please free 90 mb. ’

In te Windows pc the Sansa Clip is not properly recognized anymore, it asks for formatting. 

In Mac, when I remove audiofiles, it doesn’t produce free space. 

I cannot use it, not listen to it right. I only get this message. 

I’m afraid that formatting in Windows will remove the required software. 

What should I do?

Format it in Windows, it will not remove the software. As you’ve discovered, Macs don’t play nice with non-iPods. It can be done, but it is a PITA.:wink:

Thanks! That’s easy :wink:

@annabel wrote:

Thanks! That’s easy :wink:

:smiley:

We like the ‘Easy’ button, and most people do. In fact, Apple’s products have always been marketed that way, and they usually are . . . except when you try to switch platforms with one.

There is easy-to-use Mac freeware for transferring files to non-Mac devices/computers, to avoid issues.  Kopymac–available online.  And here’s a thread on Mac issues.  

@miikerman wrote:

There is easy-to-use Mac freeware for transferring files to non-Mac devices/computers, to avoid issues.  Kopymac–available online.  And here’s a thread on Mac issues.  

I read in multiple forums about people having issues when connecting non-iPods to Macs,  often enough that I cannot in good conscience recommend the practice to others…especially if they have ready access to a Windows machine, like the OP.:wink:

The only issue I tend to see is the Mac’s creation of extra files on the Clip (or on PCs), which screws the Clip up.  Kopymac handles that, easily.