Need help with my Clip! Rhapsody can't find my Clip.

I tried reinstalling the Rhapsody software and formating my Clip and those do not solve my problem.  I plug it my Clip into the usb and I can find the clip in “my computer”.  I open up Rhapsody with the Clip in the usb and the Clip doesn’t show up under sources anymore.  The Clip used to work 100% good but not anymore.  I deauthorized the Clip to try to solve the problem.  So the real problem is that I deauthorized the Clip to solve the problem and now I can’t find out how to get the Clip to show up in Rhapsody again.  Under “my account” rhapsody says there are “no authorized devices”.  So what I need help with is getting my Clip to show up in “my authorized devices” so i can reactive it.  Any ideas?  I run Vista and also have tried running Rhapsody as an admin.  Thanks!

Is all your music from Rhapsody? Meaning did you buy it there? If not you dont even need Rhapsody. If you did buy it from Rhapsody then I am of no help because I refuse to use rhapsody as it has never given me anything but problems. If you did not buy the music from Rhapsody then you can simply find the songs on the computer and then copy and paste them on the clip.

Yes my music is from Rhapsody.  The problem is that my Clip won’t let me play my music because it has been a month since I have been able to get the Clip to connect to Rhapsody to update it.  Every month  you have to connect the Clip to the PC because it has a monthly payment plan.  So without being able to connect to Rhapsody the Clip won’t let me listen to music.

Message Edited by tj262 on 01-31-2009 05:51 PM

Message Edited by tj262 on 01-31-2009 05:56 PM

Message Edited by tj262 on 01-31-2009 05:57 PM

Message Edited by tj262 on 01-31-2009 06:01 PM

Welcome to the world of DRM.

@tj262 wrote:
Yes my music is from Rhapsody.  The problem is that my Clip won’t let me play my music because it has been a month since I have been able to get the Clip to connect to Rhapsody to update it.  Every month  you have to connect the Clip to the PC because it has a monthly payment plan.  So without being able to connect to Rhapsody the Clip won’t let me listen to music.
Message Edited by tj262 on 01-31-2009 05:51 PM

Message Edited by tj262 on 01-31-2009 05:56 PM

Message Edited by tj262 on 01-31-2009 05:57 PM

Message Edited by tj262 on 01-31-2009 06:01 PM

SRY Dude. I dunno.

A few simple steps should get your device communicating in MTP mode again.  This is the most common source of difficulties with Rhapsody.

First, check that Rhapsody is running properly.  Open the Rhapsody 4 client, and log in.  Select a music track from the music guide, and see if it plays back normally.

Plug in the Clip, and have a look at the sources pand in the upper left.  How does the Clip show up?

If it lists as E: SANSA CLIP all in capital letters, with a drive letter, the device is in MSC mode, and cannot accept Rhapsody subscription tracks.  It can accept purchased tracks, as these contain no DRM as MP3 files.  Unplug the device, and switch manually to MTP mode:

Settings > USB Mode > MTP.

If the device shows up as Sansa Clip 4GB for example, with caps and smalls, without a drive letter, Windows has recognized the device as a media device.

If Rhapsody sees the devivce as above, try right clicking on the device and select Authorize.  Transfers should then be possible.

If it does not show up as an MTP device, leave the device connected (after manually selecting MTP mode), and go to the Device Manager.  [Windows key] + [pause/break key], then Hardware Tab > Device Manager.

Look for the yellow triangle.  The Clip will display under Portable Device, or in the Universal Serial Bus Controllers tree.  Select uninstall (not disable!), unplug, reboot the computer, and after it reboots, try plugging in MTP again.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: