Need help with album art?

Here’s the deal. Im using the Best Buy Rhapsody Music Manager that came with my fuze. Just got it 3 days ago. I notice that my album images are showing up in the media manager but once I play the files on my fuze, they don’t appear. What’s up with that? Anybody else have this problem. Ive also used WMP11 with no sucess on this issue. Can somebody please help and comment. Thanks in advance.

WMP11 will sync that album art,  make sure you use MTP mode.

Rhapsody will sync Rhapsody content Album art but not imported library album art :frowning:

@sansafix wrote:

Rhapsody will sync Rhapsody content Album art but not imported library album art :frowning:

My pc wont allow my player to function in MTP mode. Not sure why but I’ve been trying to do some research and only ran into a thread somewhere stating to install the Microsoft MTP transfer protocol. Did that and still no luck. I have Windows XP SP2 with WMP11. Its not only the fuze. Ive tried creative product and I also get that same problem.

@sansafix wrote:

Just found a method of adding album art. Found it on this link below. It worked but man that would ■■■■ If I would have to do that with my songs. I have lots of songs that dont have album art. Well, actually they do but not in the way the tutorial below mentions. OH well, Not cool Sansa. Anyway to bypass this? I also created a new thread regarding the MTP issue. It is here: http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=373

http://www.make-this-work.com/blog

Hi, I checked out the links you posted, but I can’t seem to find any information related to this thread but anyways.

There is only one style of album arts that works with the fuze, and that’s external album art.

There are two kinds of external album art:  ALB and JPG.   I prerfer the jpg method.

1. aquire a jpg image (under 800kb and resolution less 400x400).

2. rename the jpg image to “folder.jpg”. 

3. place the folder.jpg in the same folder as the mp3/wma file you want to have album art. 

4. It’s not necessary, but if you want, you can right click on folder.jpg and set its property to hidden.

Your mp3/wma should have album art now. if you drag n drop the mp3/wma and folder.jpg onto the fuze, it should work. or if you put the mp3/wma into your WMP11, wmp11, will detect the folder.jpg.

Understanding how album art works is important to getting it working with devices or applications.

Some additional info on ALB, it is normally handled by applications like WMP, Rhapsody and Napster. Getting it to manually work takes a lot more time than forcing folder.jpg.  

Hopefully the info doesn’t confuse you too much, but if you have more questions, reply back and I’ll see if I can put a visual tutorial for you. 

Hey Thoma. Thanks for the info, really appreciate it. Well I found out what was causing my pc not allow my fuze to connect via MTP mode. It was PS3 driver that I had installed that was some how causing conflict. Someone had the same problem and gave me that solution on a different thread in this forum. Now im connecting via MTP and im syncing with WMP 11. Plus, it now seems like that album art is also being transferred with no problems and my genres are appearing on my Fuze the same way they appear on my WMP11 which is great. It looks like i’ve solved all issues. We’ll see how it goe’s once I add more music. 

@sansafix wrote:

An interesting footnote about Rhapsody album art and imported CDs.  Recently, I imported a few Telarc classical CDs, and the tried both the Rhapsody 4 and WiMP11 interfaces to import the album.

Rhapsody shows the CORRECT album art image, and then forgets it completely once the rip is complete.  Talk about bizarre!  I had the correct image on the screen (Rhapsody 4 client), and then poof!   Oh well, then try WiMP?  I fell back on the SanDisk video method:  The Album Art drag and drop method is found here.

If you add album art within the R4 client, remember that your edit has to include all of the tracks in the selected album.

When in doubt, manually adding the album art isn’t that bad, especially when you check out the available art at sites like albumart.org.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: