My sansa fuze

Hello! my name is Derrick and my sansa fuze was off for a long period of time and it won’t turn on. I hold down the turn on button and it still won’t come on. the battery must be dead. it says it needs to be formated . please send me more info on how to operate this thing.

How does it say it must be formatted if you can’t get it to turn on?

It displays “You need to format the disk in drive E: before you can use it. Do you want to format?” If I press yes then all my data on the fuze is erased but i still can’t format ie anyway.

Try this.

Push the power button up to click into Hold (there’s an orange dot underneath).

Connect the USB cord to the computer.

Open Windows Explorer (Computer or My Computer).

Hold down the << side of the wheel on the Fuze, and connect the USB while holding it. Does the Fuze pop up in Windows Explorer?

Right-click on the Fuze and Format… to FAT32.

@y_joukaihinin wrote:

It displays “You need to format the disk in drive E: before you can use it. Do you want to format?” If I press yes then all my data on the fuze is erased but i still can’t format ie anyway.

Ah, by It you mean your computer, or Windows says the device must be formatted. The way your post read was that your _ player _ was saying it must be formatted.

It could be you have a bad cable making a partial, but not a complete connection; thereby prompting the error message.