My Sansa Fuze Screen Cracked...

It was in my back pocket and i sat down and it made a crunch noise…

And now the screen is All White with Two black Spots and and a small visible cracked line. It doesnt work but for some reason I can hear the radio and turn the volume up and down but thats about it. Is there any way i can get it fixed.

NO i dont have any warranty or receipt or some ish like that whatevr.

Message Edited by wat on 06-20-2009 12:25 AM

@wat wrote:

It was in my back pocket and i sat down and it made a crunch noise…

And now the screen is All White with Two black Spots and and a small visible cracked line. It doesnt work but for some reason I can hear the radio and turn the volume up and down but thats about it. Is there any way i can get it fixed.

NO i dont have any warranty or receipt or some ish like that whatevr.

Message Edited by wat on 06-20-2009 12:25 AM

It still works because its not dependent on the screen to play… but unfortunately there is no way to fix it “Officially”. The cost of the repairs would be about the same as that of a new player. Unofficially the player is not meant to be opened or disassembled, but if you are confident in your abilities to work with small electronics, you could pick up a Fuze on E-Bay or something and then open yours up and switch screens… the problem with that is… when you try to open the player you run a significant risk of breaking what is left.

My suggestion… check the web, places like buy.com, or woot.com and try to find another player on Sale and get a new one. Trying a repair is probably not worth the risk. 

Look for some of the threads on running the development version of Rockbox on your fuze.  One of the options is audio prompting so you don’t need the screen (popular option for blind users)

If you’ve read those threads you know it will be a matter of minutes before a ton of warnings appear that you shouldn’t because it could make your player unusable :-0

Seriously, not a project for someone without some DIY aptitude, but it is a possible solution.