My SanDisk SSD Plus isn't showing up in the PC

Just brand new, opened, and plugged in via cord. I am not able to find it in File Explorer. I’ve looked about but I haven’t found anything particularly helpful. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi @keith.exe,

To resolve this issue, please follow the instructions from the below-mentioned link:

For Windows: USB Flash Drive or Memory Card Not Detected in Windows
For Mac: USB Flash Drive or Memory Card Not Detected in macOS

If the issue persists, please contact the SD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://kb.sandisk.com/app/ask

Unformated drives don’t show up until the drive management panel is opened and the unformated volume is then partitioned and formated as you choose.

#SanDiskUserRewards

My 500GB Extreme Portable SSD is not working. Seems like its the same problem with the 4TB drives. Will there be any firmware update for these smaller capacity drives?

I already tried doing the instructions on your page, my computer detects the drive, but when I click it it says I need to connect it again, will there be any resolution to these problems? I keep on reading about errors in the Extreme Portable SSDs – extremely disappointed.

I came across a video on YouTube about the firmware update and extract data form the drive. You can check it out here.