My One Week Love Affair

I bought my red Clip last Thursday after totally giving up on my Zune 30g player.  It would cost more to fix than it’s worth, and it’s frozen like the tundra.  After doing some research, I settled on the Sansa Clip, and I was absolutely delighted with it for seven days.  It’s small, the sound is great, and it’s wonderful for running.  So today what happens?  It dies a grisly death.  I’ve tried the “fixes” I’ve found on the message board with no result.  When I plug it into my PC, nothing happens unless I HOLD the on button in the on position.  The the PC recognizes it, but as soon as I let go, it’s dead again.  Obviously I can’t sit here and hold it for 3 hours and hope it charges.  Well, I could…but that would be pretty boring.

Does anyone have any experience with a problem like this?  I hope my $60 bargain isn’t a $60 mistake.  I loved it!  I want it back!

I haven’t heard of that one before, but the Clip is a fine player - don’t give up on it just yet.

Have you tried to reset the Clip (hold the power switch in the UP position until it turns OFF, then switch it back ON). I suppose you have but maybe not.

If nothing helps and it’s within the store return period, just take it back for a new one. There’s always fallout and you may have a lemon. 

Thanks for the reply.  I have tried the method mentioned here to restart it, but it didn’t help.  I finally called Customer Support this morning, and they couldn’t fix it either.  They told me to return it to Target, but Target won’t take it back because I don’t have that original (and very nice) plastic packaging.

The good news is…I called Customer Support back and they’re going to replace this dud if I send it back to them.  I’m beginning to think I’m DEATH to mp3 players.  A Zune and a Sansa Clip are only my first victims.  I hope not!