Unhappy customer.

Maybe  It just takes a certain kind of person to understand an MP3 player. I ve had this

Sansa Clip for a couple years, and It played for a few months, then just quit making

any sound. I tried tech support, but I end up wading through hundreds of other peoples

complaints.  I d just like someone to e mail me and tell me why I can t get sound out of

my Sansa clip. Sometimes the Radio works for a few minutes. But the Mp3 s are toast.

I tried deleting them all and transferring more tunes to the MP3. I couldn t get anything

to happen along those lines. I could just chuck it in the trash, but I paid over 60.00 for

it at Best Buy.  I m hoping someone will read this, and take pity on an old schooler

like me.  Hoping that you all have a working Sansa clip.      Merry Christmas !

i heard costco brick and mortar is selling the 4gig clip for  $29.99.

What did you smoke about? Sansa Clip has just been in the market for one year.

I was one of the early adopters of Sansa Clip when it came to the market around holiday season last year. I bought it around $60 too.

I love this little player and have not had any problem with it after a whole year play. 

@sansauserspring wrote:

Maybe  It just takes a certain kind of person to understand an MP3 player. I ve had this

Sansa Clip for a couple years, and It played for a few months, then just quit making

any sound. I tried tech support, but I end up wading through hundreds of other peoples

complaints.  I d just like someone to e mail me and tell me why I can t get sound out of

my Sansa clip. Sometimes the Radio works for a few minutes. But the Mp3 s are toast.

I tried deleting them all and transferring more tunes to the MP3. I couldn t get anything

to happen along those lines. I could just chuck it in the trash, but I paid over 60.00 for

it at Best Buy.  I m hoping someone will read this, and take pity on an old schooler

like me.  Hoping that you all have a working Sansa clip.      Merry Christmas !

I certainly don’t want to frighten off another user, but I was wondering too about the “couple years” part.  I hate to ask, but could it be you have the Clip confused with another Sansa unit?  I suppose not…but people do often post to one area of the Sansa forum asking about another player (e.g., Clip vs. Fuze vs. View etc.).  Also not clear how contacting tech support led you to other people’s complaints? 

Very soon a more knowledgeable forum member will chime in, and start you off with a reformat.  In the meantime, I wonder if you can carefully describe each of the symptoms (e.g., MP3 “toast”?), and each of the steps you’ve taken (e.g., reformat, holding switches on or off, connecting in one mode or another, varying the USB cable/port/computer, etc.).

If it’s the case that you are somehow a REALLY early adopter, and your warranty has more than expired, then I’d suggest you think about buying a new player, Sansa or otherwise.  I LOVE the Clip, but with it’s child-like plastic exterior I can’t imagine using it for more than 2 years (plus with the 8GB out, it makes the smaller units look a little silly…I don’t even have 8GB of music and still want one!).  The non-replaceable battery is a subtle hint:  buy, enjoy, then replace. 

-Matt

Message Edited by sansamatt on 12-10-2008 07:16 PM

It s definately been around more than a year. I got it on my birthday and a year went by in march,

it s now dec. it was probably out before march 2007 even. it s definately a sansa clip. It s red

with a clip on it. It must just be a dud. I ll let technology catch up before I pay that much for

anything I use a lot.

It s definately a Sansa clip. It s red with a clip on it. I bought it in march of 2007 at Best Buy.

I knew how to navigate with it on my computer. It worked for awhile, but now the software

arrears different on my computer. I don t see a way of transferring mp3s to the unit from

my computer. The radio plays, but when you go to “music mode” and play a song , no sound.

For those of you who have had Clips since the beginning, how small was the first introduced Clip.  The low end now is 1 GB, but didn’t there use to be a 512 MB version when it first came out?  I’m wondering if SanDisk will discontinue the 1 GB now that the 8 GB Clip is out.

Sansa Clip was first introduced by Best Buy on Oct. 2007, so how can you buy it on March, 2007?

Why did you keep lying on a public forum?

@sansauserspring wrote:

It s definately a Sansa clip. It s red with a clip on it. I bought it in march of 2007 at Best Buy.

I knew how to navigate with it on my computer. It worked for awhile, but now the software

arrears different on my computer. I don t see a way of transferring mp3s to the unit from

my computer. The radio plays, but when you go to “music mode” and play a song , no sound.

Easy Kevin.  I’m as puzzled by you about this.  But remember “innocent until proven guilty”.  At this point I figure either (a) this is all on the up and up, or (2) he’s some sort of industry spy trying to confuse us with tales of malfuntioning Clips.  :wink:

I’m still waiting on whether or not our equally-puzzled owner has tried to reformat the player…

-Matt

I can confirm the Clip first shipped in October, 2007.

sansauserspring,

Can you check that it looks exactly like this player, but in red?   The Clip is a really small and light player. 

Mine is a 2 gig. I ve had it almost 2 yrs.

Where is your verification that Best Buy didn t start selling them until Oct 2007?  I have a receipt.

I m in Springfield Mo. Where are you, Alaska?

August 25, 2007 Engadget article, noting that the Clip will be out in September …

http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/25/sandisks-sansa-clip/ 

SanDisk decided to bring another screen to the clip-on party with its new Sansa Clip. Apple’s Shuffle and Creative’s Zen Stone have been rocking the form factor for a while now, but only the Zen Stone Plus is much use for browsing through your music collection. The Sansa Clip player sports the same OLED screen that can be found on the Sansa Express, but comes in both 1GB and 2GB flavors, for the lovable price points of $40 and $60, respectively. SanDisk even found room for FM and voice recorders, and the usual MP3 and subscription-friendly WMA support. The Sansa Clip promises 15 hours of battery life, and should be out in September in your choice of black, red, pink and blue.

I think this thread is quickly devolving into a circus.  If we’re not helping diagnose what’s wrong with the player, I’m not sure how figuring out when it was bought will help.  Look at it this way:  IF in fact it was somehow bought in March 2007, then the warranty has expired.  So it’s his choice to send it in for repair or throw it away.  We’re all curious if it is another model (a quick scan and image upload would answer that) but it wouldn’t fix whatever he’s got.

-Matt

@sansauserspring wrote:

Where is your verification that Best Buy didn t start selling them until Oct 2007?  I have a receipt.

I m in Springfield Mo. Where are you, Alaska?

sansafix works for Sandisk.  Thus we suspect you have some other player.  We’re trying to help, but we need more info on model and problem scenario.

Finally someone who isn t  angry. Thank you.  I can scan it and send it wherever you want.

The issue isnt  where and when I bought it. I just wanna know why it don t work, and how

do I get software back on my computer to run it again. I downloaded “sansa clip update”,

and when I  click on a tune in the software (I m not that computer literate), some of the

songs play, some don t. But in the player itself, none of the mp3 s play. (actually it looks

like the title is there and it s playing, but no sound.

They must ve had some pre market run on them. All I know is I got it for my birthday in march

not last year but the year before. But that shouldn t make anyone angry should it?

I just wanted to know how to fix it.  Peace !

That s some sound advice. How do you "reformat the player?  I don t claim to be a computer wiz,

but I ve installed a lot of softwares etc… so i m game on trying anything to get this thing

runnin. (I have no reason to lie about when I bought it ok )  It s not heavy enough to use

as a paper weight, so If I can t get it going, ker chuck it goes. hee hee

March birthday?  Sounds like a Pisces.  :smiley:

Reformat is a cinch:  Just go the “Setting” on the Clip, scroll down, and select “Format”!  Keep in mind…the reformat will delete all your music, but the firmware (software) on the Clip will not be affected.  

If you keep your music on your computer, then just reload it back to the Clip after formatting.  Otherwise, make sure to transfer a copy of all your songs from the Clip to your computer before formatting!!!

But to be honest, your description of the title scrolling with no audible playback sounds like your unit has pooped out.  There are lots of possibilities:  the circuit board itself is fried, the headphone jack is broken loose, you have a corrupt song that has messed up the player, etc.

Give it a try and less us know after you reload some music if anything plays.

-Matt