My mac wont respond to my NEW Fuze PLEASE HELP

so i just got a new fuze 4gb for my b-day and its fully charged now but my mac wont read it. I have a Mac OSX 10.3.9,i searched everywhere (at least i think) on my mac and i cant find where it would come up. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME

Time for some Sansa magic.

On the Fuze, go to Settings > System Settings > USB Mode > MSC.

Plug in to your Mac for some music.  It should pop up on your Mac in MSC mode.

Note that the Fuze will not read mp4 / m4a iTunes files; they need to be converted to mp3 or wma.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry bro but your magic isn’t working.

Its been on msc mode and i plug it into the usb bus on the back of computer, nothing happens, but when i change it to the usb bus on the back of my keyboard a window pops up saying “this bus does not support enough energy for the device.” so i switched it back to the usb bus on the back of the computer. And then i went to my system profile and it actually lists the fuze on there by its full name. and the fuze says its connected on its screen. So im totally lost.

OK then.  It looks like your Mac has indeed responded to your new Fuze.  The keyboard port is too weak for charging the device.  Ideally, it needs a USB2.0 port with plenty of charging power.

As the device is showing “connected”, and the Fuze is shown on the computer, all we need to do is drag and drop your mp3 files to the music folder in the Fuze.

Remember, the files must be mp3 or wma with ID3 tags on them.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

yeah the usb 2.0 bus is on the back of the computer but “all we need to do is drag and drop your mp3 files to the music folder in the Fuze.” where is the the “music folder in the fuze”??

Actually, the Fuze will find your music files no matter where they are.  The key is to have valid ID3v2.3 ISO 8859-1 tags on them.

The folder may be a “hidden” one, but in your case simply create a new folder called something different than “music” if you wish, that won’t suffer this problem.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

I have an iBook G4 running 10.3.9 and I had no luck with the Fuze as well.  It wouldn’t connect in MSC mode and 10.3.9 doesn’t support MTP.  However, there is a freeware project out there called XNJB.  The current production release doesn’t support the Fuze but if you look in the forums, you’ll find my posts where the developer posted a link to a current development release which did successfully connect.  Its not fully functional in that I haven’t had a lot of luck with every function, but I could successfully copy files from my hardrive onto the Fuze via MTP mode.

did you try automatic mode? my fuze shows up on my mac every time.  the isignia mp3 player didn’t so it went back to the store .

Hello Fellow Mac Users!

Had this same problem since getting my Fuze 2GB and a 2GB microSDHC card for Father’s Day this past summer.  I have an iMac G5 running Tiger 10.4 and my Fuze (as well as the microSDHC card) was not being recognized or accessible from my iMac.  Last night I upgraded to Leopard and “TA-DA!” my Fuze and the microSDHC card showed on my desktop.

If upgrading to Leopard is not in the cards right now, may I suggest trying to find the freeware application SynchTunes (http://www.nesfield.co.uk/synctunes/) and you will be able to synch iTunes to a microSDHC card.  Easy work around, great little application.  I did a drag’n’drop for audiobook files onto the Fuze itself using a Windows PC and filled up the Fuze’s 2GB of space.  I say try to find the app because the developer has removed the application for download.  I’d offer to send it to you, but I never kept the compressed install package. 

Update 15 minutes later:  Also try this application for synch/transfer:  http://www.wentnet.com/projects/xnjb/

Great little MP3 & Mac primer:  http://guyscharf.wordpress.com/mp3-on-macintosh/

Best of luck!

NormZ

Message Edited by NormZ on 12-31-2008 06:38 AM

I have the same problem…Santa brought both of my daughters a ScanDisk Fuze…I have Mac OSX…It is recognized but unable to open…I have it on MSP mode…when i plug in the usb it gives me this message:Disk Insertion: The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer.  I then click on “Initialize” & try to verify/repair the drive, but then I get "Verifying volume “disk2s1”
** /dev/disk2s1
Invalid BS_jmpBoot in boot block: 8f7689
Error: The underlying task reported failure on exit

1 non HFS volume checked
    Volume needs repair"

Any thing???

Are you plugging the USB cable that came with the Fuze directly into a USB port on your computer?  I’ve seen some strange problems occur when using a USB hub or splitter.

What version of Mac OS X are you using?

I am using Mac OS X 10.4.11…and I am using the USB cable that came with the MP3…

@roccoa65 wrote:
I am using Mac OS X 10.4.11…and I am using the USB cable that came with the MP3…

The error messages you reported before are the ones the Mac uses when the directory structure on the device is damaged.  The question then is whether the directory structure is actually damaged or whether there is some problem connecting your Mac to the Fuze.

If you are willing to discard all music currently on your Fuze, I would first reformat it, using the Fuze System menu.  That will restore the Fuze to a clean state.  If the Fuze now connects properly, use the methods described in  http://guyscharf.wordpress.com/mp3-on-macintosh/ to copy files from your Mac to your Fuze.

If reformatting the Fuze didn’t help, see if you can connect to the Fuze using a newer Mac with a newer version of OS X.  If that works, then it’s a problem either the version of OS X you are using or the USB port on your computer.

Format the Fuze again and try connecting your Fuze to a PC.  If that also fails, then you may have a defective Fuze and should return it for replacement or go through the RMA process with SanDisk.

Hello I have mac os 10.4.11 

you say it shows that its connected

Have had no problems connecting fuze in mcs mode try using disk utility and mount the drive isometimes have to do that for my microsd card to show up

i had problems with my mac and keeping my fuze charging. but only if i was leaving it there to charge. my mac recognized it and i put music on it it’d keep charging. id leave it over night to charge and id only find it dead in the morning. but now im at school, ive reset my factory settings and my usb mode is msc and this microsoft computer totally just recognized it and its sucessfully charging. i havent been home to try with my mac, but when i was having problems id have to reset the factory settings, and the usb mode was on auto. so no luck there. ill try when i get home and leave my findings:)