My laptop is not reading my CLIP

my laptop will not read this device. nothing happens when i connect the clip or run the disk. what is it i need to do in order to download music? im about ready to take this thing back.

now i know why it was on sale.

Windowa Media Player 11 needs to be installed. This is generally the cause of the lack of recognition. You dont have to use it jsut have it installed.

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 03-16-2009 10:40 PM

i tried downloading 11, but failed. none of the sites seem to download for me.

okay… i cant download cause it says im unable to validate that my copy is genuine. torrent???

Try Version 10. Microsoft also offers MTP Drivers for download (MTP is why you need WMP 10 or 11).

i have 10 now and im not sure what MTP is, but i am downloading the WMP 11 torrent and should be ready here in a few seconds. i will update you in a little.

i cant do anything. says i need to validate.

i have never had this prob before and i will be taking this mp3 player back tomorrow. i do not suggest for anyone to purchase this item.

What do you need to validate:  WMP10?

What OS do you have?  If Windows, do you have XP + SP2 or above, and WMP 10 or above (the requirements listed for the Clip)?  Are the copies fully licensed (paid for)?

Simply saying “Help!” isn’t enough for people to help you, given the range of computer systems, etc.  Please provide the specifics of your system.  Or just call SanDisk and ask there (they’ll ask for this information as well.)

@miikerman wrote:

What do you need to validate:  WMP10?

What OS do you have?  If Windows, do you have XP + SP2 or above, and WMP 10 or above (the requirements listed for the Clip)?  Are the copies fully licensed (paid for)?

Simply saying “Help!” isn’t enough for people to help you, given the range of computer systems, etc.  Please provide the specifics of your system.  Or just call SanDisk and ask there (they’ll ask for this information as well.)

Looks like we have a pirate in our midst, mateys…arrggghhhh!

okay… i cant download cause it says im unable to validate that my copy is genuine. torrent???

i have 10 now and im not sure what MTP is, but i am downloading the WMP 11 torrent and should be ready here in a few seconds. i will update you in a little.

But of course it’s the players fault…sheesh!

You couldnt download from Windows so you had to get a torrent? I would guess thats the problem.

you don’t need any additional software for the clip to work, windows should recognize it as just another usb mass-device. Try the “engage hold, press center button while you plug it in” trick…

Message Edited by volando on 03-17-2009 01:27 AM

@volando wrote:
you don’t need any additional software for the clip to work, windows should recognize it as just another usb mass-device. Try the “engage hold, press center button while you plug it in” trick…
Message Edited by volando on 03-17-2009 01:27 AM

You can avoid having to do that by switching your USB mode to MSC in the Settings menu :wink:

where would i find the settings option?

i dont think this will help cause i bought a pc controller last night and was able to plug it in and use it.

i got it to work! thanks

@maastmike wrote:

i have never had this prob before and i will be taking this mp3 player back tomorrow. i do not suggest for anyone to purchase this item.

Great that you got it to work!

:wink: