My entire library on my CPU was deleted - HELP PLEASE

I had horrible computer problems last month and I am afraid that my entire library of songs was deleted by accident.  I have a full clip.  Is there any way to move those songs back to my CPU without having to re-rip all of my cd’s again?

I wanted to add that I can copy and paste the songs from my Clip, but I didn’t understand where to put the songs so my CPU would recognize that they were for my library. 

"I wanted to add that I can copy and paste the songs from my Clip, but I didn’t understand where to put the songs so my CPU would recognize that they were for my library.  "

What do you mean by that? Your library? For which program, Windows Mwdia Player? You can start windows media player and see where it rips CDs to. My guess is probably My documents, my music, but it could be someeplace else. You can click on the library tab and have it look elsewhere as well.

Yes, I am using Windows Media Player and when I wrote “library”, I mean the list of songs that you see when you open the “library” in the WMP.

I searched my entire hard drive and there aren’t any songs to be found.  I was able to copy everything from my clip and pasted it into my c: Mydocuments … file and the WMP recognized 5 albums, but is ignoring the rest. 

I am not sure what I am doing wrong.  I had close to 9 mg of songs on my hard drive, so even saving the songs off my clip would be a huge time savings for me to avoid having to re-rip them onto my hard drive.  It isn’t hard, just time consuming.

In Windows Media Player, click the library tab, then click add to library.