Music stops loading on Fuze+

This has probably been asked before, but I didn’t see it in a quick look.  I have a 32gb card inserted in the fuze+.  Connected it to the computer and started loading music on to the card, through the player.  After I got to a certain point (only 2gb of the card has been used), it just stops loading.

Then, I unplugged the USB, and figured I would see what I was able to get on there.  Now, on the computer, it shows many hundreds of songs, but when I look on the fuze, most of those artists and songs are not even listed.  They seem to be on the card, but the Fuze doesn’t see them.

I simply don’t get it.  Any ideas?

Counterfeit card? Where did you get it?

You can test it with h2testw.

Might also be an ID3 tag issue if the files are on the card, but can’t be ‘seen’ by the device. Look to see is they’re under ‘Unknown’.

While the Fuze+ is off, hold the volume down button while connecting it to the computer. The device should then be recognized as a removable disk. Format the Sansa and reload your songs and hopefully you’l’ get a faster navigation on music list. I would also suggest that you download Mp3tag and make sure that the tags are set to  ID3v2 (Id3v2.3 ISO-8859-1.

@jmsmrtn98 wrote:

While the Fuze+ is off, hold the volume down button while connecting it to the computer. The device should then be recognized as a removable disk. Format the Sansa and reload your songs and hopefully you’l’ get a faster navigation on music list. I would also suggest that you download Mp3tag and make sure that the tags are set to  ID3v2 (Id3v2.3 ISO-8859-1.

I can’t see where this advice has anything to do with the OP’s situation, other than the format of the ID3 tags _ if _ that is the real issue, but I’m betting it’s a counterfeit card, given that he can load up to 2GB without issue. Tha’ts what these counterfeiters do is use a 2GB card and make it appear as a 32GB one.

Turns out it was the card.  I don’t know a lot about cards.  I guess the 32gb card I have is a class 2 card.  I went and bought a class 4 8gb card, and the world is good again.  Sooo…that card will just have to go in my phone, which doesn’t seem to care about class as much.

The Class or speed rating wouldn’t have anything to do with whether it works or not. I have numerous cards in various memory sizes and they are all Class 2. And they all work flawlessly in all my numerous players.

It may work fine in your phone, but can you utilize the entire 32GB? It’s silly to keep a defective (or counterfeit) card that you can only use less than 10% of the stated (and paid for) capacity.

I would advise returning that card to where you bought it from. If it’s defective, the dealer can get credit from Sandisk. If it’s counterfeit (and he doesn’t know it), he’ll be thankful you brought it to his attention. If it’s counterfeit (and he did know about it) shame on him. As long as customers let him get away with selliing this junk, he will continue to do it. Stop him now.

Just yesterday, there was another poster here who got a very good-looking fake card.

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Mobile-memory-professional-cards/SanDisk-32-GB-microSDHC-Card/m-p/250632/message-uid/250632/highlight/true#U250632

There’s a lot of them out there . . . you have to be on your toes to make sure you don’t get ripped off.