music problems

a frustrated 68 year old that loves music, especially the boss_

i downloaded all of my albums onto my library using  windows media player.(i have windows xp) i then followed the procedure for syncing all of my music onto thesansa clip +.(hopefully i did this part correctly???) all of the songs show on the clip,but the songs all flash quickly and never stop at any song so as to play.i get no listening results and am very frustrated. hopefully someone out there can help me.(i certainly need it!)

How did you load your albums to Windows media player library? If your songs came from CDs, possibly they were not ripped correctly. The links below might help you get started.:wink:

how to rip

How to vids

If you used Winodws Media Player to rip your CD’s and had the rip options set to WMA Lossless, they won’t play. It can be confusing as both the Lossless format and plain ol’ regular WMA format uses the .wma extension on the files.

One is supported (it works) and the other isn’t (doesn’t work). Your player will skip over anything it cannot read.

If you used Winodws Media Player to rip your CD’s and had the rip options set to WMA Lossless, they won’t play. It can be confusing as both the Lossless format and plain ol’ regular WMA format uses the .wma extension on the files.

One is supported (it works) and the other isn’t (doesn’t work). Your player will skip over anything it cannot read.

On a side note . . . by “the boss”, I assume you mean

Ever notice whenever he sings, he looks as though he’s in dire need of a good laxative?

:stuck_out_tongue:

jamieson,

a big thank u for your advice.the problem was with the ripping and i followed your links.all my music is now on my players.thanks again for your help.

tapeworm,

loved your comedy! evidently u are not a great follower of bruce.u do not know what u are missing,or maybe u do? anyway, thanks for your help and input in solving my problem.all the music is on both mp3 players and the 68 year old is a happy man.thanks again.

Great to see that it’s working out!  And the linked articles really are helpful.

I always do wonder about WMP, though–it seems to make things more complicated (but, I guess, it’s just getting the process down).  Remember, you always can simply drag and drop/copy and past files to your Clip:

–  on your computer, open the folder holding the music you want to put on your Clip (this could be individual files or entire folders, or even folders within folders)

–  connect your Clip to your computer, and open the folder where you want to store your files (often, the Clip’s Music folder)

–  back in the computer folder, highlight/select the files and folders you want to copy, and press ctrl + C (the ctrl button and the C button, at the same time), or right click and select copy

–  back in the Clip folder, press ctrl + V, or right click and select paste.

Voila!  A copy of the files you selected on your computer now is on your Clip, to be played, delected when you might wish, etc.